10 Meter Sedan AC Size, Midwest Climate.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Kiwipushrod

10 Meter Sedan AC Size, Midwest Climate.

Post by Kiwipushrod »

I'm looking to install an AC unit, into a 85 10 meter Sedan. Anyone know the factory ac unit's, btu rating?

Perhaps component locations?

Kiwi
srokag44
Sporadic User

Re: 10 Meter Sedan AC Size, Midwest Climate.

Post by srokag44 »

I've got a 16k split unit in the salon/engine compartment. Evaporator unit is in the ceiling in the salon. Also have a 6k self-contained unit in the starboard locker in the berth. I'm not sure about what was factory original. That capacity seems to be a bit undersized on florida summer days but should be fine for the Midwest. I also am running both off a single seawater pump with dirty old lines and condenser coils so I probably am losing some capacity due to reduced water flow.
1985 Trojan 10 Meter International Sedan
Kiwipushrod

Post by Kiwipushrod »

Ah Ha, that's what the giant hole in the salon ceiling is for!

To the left of My head.

Thank You for the reply, I like Your boat!

Kiwi
Kiwipushrod

Post by Kiwipushrod »

So, as nice and clean as this boat is, it is a stripper i.e. not many options.

Is it worth trying to find the grill and what ever else is needed to install the evap in the ceiling? Or should I just work around it, that would be the place for pulling in the warmest air.

I'm also looking for a factory, Genny control panel to install My Generator. Any ideas on this?

To give an idea of just how clean, here's a pic of the Port motor. No hour meters, must have been an option?

Thanks, Kiwi
srokag44
Sporadic User

Post by srokag44 »

I would probably suggest installing a self contained unit somewhere rather than a split unit. I'll post some pictures of my ceiling evaporator unit tomorrow so you can see what it looks like. You might be able to find one from a 10 meter sedan that is being parted out. To custom make one would be more work than it is worth in my opinion. It is actually two evaporator coils in parallel that share an air intake. I'll try to post some pictures and more info tomorrow night.
srokag44
Sporadic User

Post by srokag44 »

Here are the pictures:

Berth AC has one vent that runs to the dinette area and one that runs to the berth. Control is manual and located in dinette corner. In the salon the evaporator unit is actually one shared air intake and two evaporator coils each with their own blower.
Attachments
P1010802.JPG
P1010802.JPG (30.58 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
P1010801.JPG
P1010801.JPG (30.57 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
P1010800.JPG
P1010800.JPG (30.78 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
Kiwipushrod

Post by Kiwipushrod »

Hey Srokag44, Thank's for spending the time to take and post pic's, it is all pretty clear now.

I'm going to install a 16500 in the icemaker cabinet and a 8500 in the stateroom cabinet as factory.

Thank You.