Some updates to our 10 meter mid cabin

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

wayne 1

Some updates to our 10 meter mid cabin

Post by wayne 1 »

purchased our boat last march ,with our sea trial at the end of may.We started with soda blasting the bottom,then 6 coats epoxycoat 2 bottompaint .I did not have time to buff and wax last year ,It was a 30 mile cross boarder ride to the far side of Lake St.Clair to the storage facility so that was this this springs job.Mechanical was good so we started on the interior,replaced microwave with a Panasonic it fit well,2inches narrower so the door is less of an pain.replaced both kitchen and bath faucets,sewed new curtains all around as well as covered the mid cabin cu.cover for helm controls and rear seat,its handy having a power sewer in the garage and boat in back/front yard.We also replaced all cabinet handles redid the back splash and fridge front,replaced the mirrors in main salon and front cabin and replaced the carpet and stereo.Replaced under counter lighting with led from homedepot Sylvania kit 50 bucks multicoloured dimmable remote only 1/8 thick with 3M adhisive already and its 12 volt dc, also added it to front cabin and plan on using some more in midcabin,single remote ican control all lower cabin lighting except the bath room where i replaced the old fixure with newer one and added a led bulb to the regular one.I have included some pics.Lots to do in cockpit area next.We recently went to the fireworks on the Detroit river and when they are over its a mad dash and the waves and current are a challange for any size boat ,the 10meter handled it incredibly well.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
1989 10 meter mid cabin
175 skeeter
17 Vanguard
13 Caesar Thundercat
Taser sailboat
Paul
Active User

Re: Some updates to our 10 meter mid cabin

Post by Paul »

Wow Wayne, looks like you've been busy. Marg and I will be out in the bay this weekend so if your out that way, stop by and raft off. I'd like to check out your boat with my own eyes.
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
RWS
Ultimate User

Re: Some updates to our 10 meter mid cabin

Post by RWS »

NICE "LOOK"

Some really good cues there.

Last week I ordered two mirrors, one for the salon, one for the forward berth, to mimic what I have seen in a friends 11 meter.

Just plain mirrors (bronze tint, not silver)

That said, your ideas eclipse mine.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED