f32 princess oven removal

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

mikeandanne
Moderate User

f32 princess oven removal

Post by mikeandanne »

Ok now it has been brought up, how do you get that thing out of there-----I tried this fall when I had to run some lines behind it, it would not budge---that being said we like the cook top just would like to put the micro where the oven is---is this even possible to split the two----Mike
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: f32 princess oven removal

Post by larryeddington »

my f36 tri cab is set up like you are trying for. Has 3 burner only and place for microwave under. It was originally ordered that way. There has to be a way to get it out as Trojan got it in and fastened it down.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
Nancy
Moderate User

Post by Nancy »

Mike,

The range and oven are one unit. You can't separate them. Have you considered using the oven as is for storage?

On our F-32, there were four screws holding the unit in place. It took a lot more muscle than I have to get it to budge after removing the screws. We only moved it to replace the leaking drain hose from the head sink. I would never have taken it out of the boat - way too useful. In fact, it was one of the items on Michael's must-have list when he bought it from us.

Nancy
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Post by mikeandanne »

Thanks Nancy----I too removed those screws and I couldn't get it loose and didn't want to damage anything---we do use the top and actually do use it as storage for galley stuff----was hoping that it was in two pieces though , oh well--Mike
bjanakos
Moderate User

Post by bjanakos »

Nancy wrote:The range and oven are one unit. You can't separate them. Have you considered using the oven as is for storage?
Thanks for answering this lingering question.

It's too bad (for me) that it's all 1 piece. Not that I plan on using the stove top, but I wanted to do as little remodeling as possible; at least this year. My wive uses our oven at home as s storage space :D....

I guess I can put this project on hold for a while.