Swim Platform

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

TC
Sporadic User

Swim Platform

Post by TC »

I have an opportunity to get a swim platform from a 2002 Sea Ray 400 Sedan Bridge. I discovered this last night so this is my first step of research.

I'm wondering if this is worth any effort to pursue. I can get to the Sea Ray to measure length and width, reliefs for trim tab rams etc.

Based on pictures I have found on the web it appears to be self supporting, ie no support legs to transom. So the trick is probably make an "adapter" to squeeze between the F-32 and the platform.

Plus for this is a wider platform than mine, with a bonus electric/hydraulic lift for a dinghy.
Negatives, relocation of items both inside and outside and the "adapter".

If I decide against the platform I'm still getting the lift.

Has anyone had experience with this, or familiar with the platform? Any input would be appreciated.
1989 F-32
Penetang,
Georgian Bay
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Swim Platform

Post by prowlersfish »

Most likely too wide and more to take care of and more weight . BUT with that said have said that and having seen one ( on a 40' sea ray too ) I would find a way . They are nice and that's why we have saws and fiber glass . If the deal was right I would jump in it
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Swim Platform

Post by larryeddington »

I have a teak one chrome trim with new brackets, rehabbed and refinished by Bobs partner John. It was on my old f28 prior to refinishing, but do not need it now, if anyone interested.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink