Fixin the "N"

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Dante D

Fixin the "N"

Post by Dante D »

My F 28 had the emblems on the back for the most part. The "N" at the end of Trojan, was busted up pretty good, and the others were, ,,,well in not broken condition. I dont mind that the chrome was all faded off, but at least they were there. I can imagine that these letters are next to impossible to get, so I figured Id try to at least make it legible. It was broken in two pieces and missing one entire leg of the letter. as you can see in this pic

what I did was take the shank of a small rivet and heated it up and inserted it into the plastic to create at least a support for the epoxy to hold

then I found this stuff, they sell it at ACE hardware, but Im sure there are all types of different brands etc,

Its real thick and of course wont run, I rec doing it on wax paper so the epoxy wont stick to it.
Let it cure and you can shape it fairly easily. I did this repair in less than a couple of hours after it was dry. If your a perfectionist, you wont be happy with the results, however looks ok from a few feet away, and Im not going to win a boat beauty contest, but I like it to look at least the best I can. Someone told me you can even send these out and have them plastic chromed again? has anyone heard of that? Anyway, thought Id share in case someone has a similar problem you can complete your emblems, here are some pics in varies stages of completion, not sure what color Im going to paint all the letters but originally they were chrome
Image I plan on sanding it a little more to make it possibly smoother, but as I said if looks ok from the dock,,,,lol
comodave
Moderate User

Re: Fixin the "N"

Post by comodave »

Beacon has the replacement logo in stock. I bought new ones for my boat, they are nice.
Trojan has been sold
1987 President 41 DC 225 Lehmans
Au Gres, Michigan
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Good fix , But The new SS ones are nice
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Barrie
Moderate User

Post by Barrie »

That's giving it to that "N"
That's a good use of epoxy :)
Barrie
Aylmer Ontario, Canada
36' Tri-Fly "The Obvious"
Dante D

Post by Dante D »

Im gonna go ahead and get some new ones anyway, just thought Id try it,,
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

I'm glad to see someone actually repair something. So many "mechanics" these days are just parts changers.....
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
Dante D

Post by Dante D »

thx, but like I said, looks pretty good from the dock,,lol, if you see it up close,, well............ considering it took me like two hours to do, I suppose if I spent more time it would have looked nicer
BeaconMarineBob
Beacon Bob
Beacon Bob

Post by BeaconMarineBob »

We have new S/S letters for your Trojan.
Check out the Trojan Store.
Bob Cushman, Owner
Beacon Marine Supply
Bob@BeaconMarineSupply.com
(609)713-4602
~ Please Contribute to the Forum ~
Dante D

Post by Dante D »

thanks Bob, where can I find that? may have to replace em, depending on how much they are,
BeaconMarineBob
Beacon Bob
Beacon Bob

Post by BeaconMarineBob »

They are in the Trojan Boat Store. Main page of Trojanboats.net under Trojan hardware. Here is the link.

https://www.trojanboats.net/zencart/ind ... cb326467ae
Bob Cushman, Owner
Beacon Marine Supply
Bob@BeaconMarineSupply.com
(609)713-4602
~ Please Contribute to the Forum ~