Clean or Replace Flybridge brown windshield

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

bigralph

Clean or Replace Flybridge brown windshield

Post by bigralph »

Has anyone had any luck cleaning or replacing the flybridge windshield? Please ignore teh pompous guy in this photo. Want to make the windshield either erase my fat or look clear, one of the two.

Thanks.

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Clean or Replace Flybridge brown windshield

Post by prowlersfish »

I always just washed it . But my enclosure goes over it so it may be in better shape . I believe it just Plexiglas so you may be able to us a cleaner for that ,Pleixis comes to mind . If its real bad maybe a head light restore kit or a clear coat
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Scorpion07

Post by Scorpion07 »

I just used Starbrite premium marine polish with PTEF. Amazing results. On everything. Fiberglass, polycarbonate, stainless, paint. West just had a 2 for one sale and I bought more. Easy to use and it shined the plastic up nice. It won't get rid of crazing or deep scratches, but it sure did clean and shine it up. Highly recommend.
Lou

Post by Lou »

Where can one get a Venturi windshield? Would like one on the F31.
1972 - Trojan F31
1981 - Grady White Sailfish 25
1988 - Wellcraft 2800 Express
1966 - Chris Craft 36'
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Scorpion07 wrote:I just used Starbrite premium marine polish with PTEF. Amazing results. On everything. Fiberglass, polycarbonate, stainless, paint. West just had a 2 for one sale and I bought more. Easy to use and it shined the plastic up nice. It won't get rid of crazing or deep scratches, but it sure did clean and shine it up. Highly recommend.
Just don't use it on surfaces people will walk on... PTEF (essentially Teflon, that universal non-slip coating) is NOT something you want on your decks, unless you want to quickly and efficiently flush your crew and guests over the side...

Ralph - try cleaning as others have identified. Really, the color in that plexiglass is there to try to reduce glare off of the water and deck, so really recommend you don't replace with clear... Also, it is there to deflect wind from your face (and try to lift it over your head). It is just basic plexiglass - not a special concoction from Trojan. So if you don't like the clarity or color you can swap it out for something else if you want.

As you are running, you shouldn't be looking through it anyways... if you are, you may have a trim problem.