Manifolds, Risers, Elbows and Freshwater Adapters...

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Drafter

Manifolds, Risers, Elbows and Freshwater Adapters...

Post by Drafter »

Circa 1985 10 meter with model 350 FWC 454's. Fairly certain that I still have stock manifolds, risers, elbows, and freshwater adapters. Getting steam from the joint between the manifold and freshwater adapter.
Engines only have 400 hours on them.
I know that risers need to be periodically inspected and replaced as well as manifolds that go a little longer. What about the fresh water adapters and elbows? Do these two items have the same importance as the risers
when it comes to the issue of the water jacket corroding and failing? I don't find much info on these parts needing periodic replacement.
Inspection and replacing the gaskets is a given. Should I just go ahead and buy all new risers while it's taken apart given their age anyway? Just not sure if I should just replace all 4 parts on each side on both motors...