WOT Questions

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

mikeandanne
Moderate User

Re: WOT Questions

Post by mikeandanne »

wolfnnj wrote:I probably won't be happy until I break it again lol
I replaced my engine with a 350 instead of a 318 with no impact at all on speed or performance. I don't produce 260 hp until 4800 I can't get to my peak hp since I can't get the Rpms up there. So I increased my ponys with no use of them.
Seems kinda fruitless
Not sure if I understand , are you concerned about the flex plate or the v- drive or both??..... if you are concerned about the flex plate, I believe you have fixed that problem with the new bell housing , I just hope the locating pins were not damaged with the previous issues.....in my opinion that would have been the reason for the flex plate issues....I guess one day you are going to find out, hope it works out for you.....Mike
wolfnnj
Sporadic User

Post by wolfnnj »

I weighed all of your input and I decided to go for it this morning and opened it up slowly after a nice 20 min warm up ( it was cold this morning in NJ ) . The good news is that sea tow has a fast response time (Just Kidding). I was able to WOT to 4750 RPM at a speed of 27.4 knots on GPS with full tanks (140 Gallons). I will not be doing that again ever, while I am able to go over 4000 rpm this boat is not meant for that speed (ie shuttering & unstable). It is nice however to know it goes that fast on glass. All of the temps jumped up 10 degrees (oil and heat ex-changer temp sensors) and I only ran it there for maybe 45 seconds before I backed off of it. Afterwards I drove it 3200 which is my normal cruising speed for a half hour and headed back to the yacht club.
1971 F-26 w/ 350 Crusader and Paragon PV-31 V-drive.
1968 MFG Westfield w/ Evinrude 50
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Good deal and its good to know your close to being propped right .your slighty over propped but you run it easy so no big deal . and if slip it and have some growth then I would say your prop right . :D

And thanks for not blowing it up , I would never here the end of it on my RPM statements :mrgreen: (my heart sunk when you said sea tow )
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D