Onan exhaust manifold/ other parts

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Duchessofmilford

Onan exhaust manifold/ other parts

Post by Duchessofmilford »

I am not posting anything for sale and hope I'm not doing wrong by posting this here. With that being said I was on a quest to find a replacement exhaust manifold for my Onan generator and after two weeks of searching I found one on eBay that was not a match but contacted the seller and turns out he had a match both new and used along with many other parts including whole blocks more new manifolds, carburetors, ignition parts, heads. You name it he's got it. I will reply later with his contact info
K4282
Moderate User

Re: Onan exhaust manifold/ other parts

Post by K4282 »

cool, i just pulled mine off my boat to try and determine if its worth repairing
Duchessofmilford

Whats wrong with yours? This guy says he has 4500 hours on his
Duchessofmilford

Here is the ebay sellers info. He will respond to ebay message inquiry and provide phone number or you can leave yours. He seems very knowledgeable
Attachments
image.png
image.png (116.72 KiB) Viewed 8491 times
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

I can't seem to find him. If you go to his ebay store and copy the URL link then paste it here, all we would have to do is click on the link. That would be great.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
Duchessofmilford

Ive requested his permission to share his contact information with the group
Duchessofmilford

larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

I have posted waltedson@hotmail.com Ph #: 360-805-5320. I had found him on ebay maybe the same. He used to be an Onan dealer and is not now and has a lot of parts and knows it inside and out. :)

He has his daughter voice on the phone, so you just leave a message if he does not answer.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
Duchessofmilford

His name is Gary Alley , In south Florida
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

i think perry used him last year or the year before to purchase a fully restored onan mcck 6.5. i don't think it broke the bank either. if i had the $$ last year, i'd have done the same. but what i would not give for a top of the line kohler or westerbeke. he is the go to guy for all things onan though from what i understand.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

Duchessofmilford wrote:Whats wrong with yours? This guy says he has 4500 hours on his
mine cranks too slowly to start, when I bought the boat last year I cranked it quickly and it sounded like it would start but I did not actually hear her run. The seller said it ran but he never used it because it was loud and used too much gas, his neighbors at the marina said he only left the dock once a year. I have the one that does not have a starter, from reading things in this forum it seems to be a poor model whose parts if you can find wind up costing more than its worth. I pulled it out already and its at a friends house who will be looking into the motor for me to give me an idea of what I actually have
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

K4282 wrote:....mine cranks too slowly to start,.....The seller said it ran but he never used it because it was loud and used too much gas, his neighbors at the marina said he only left the dock once a year. I have the one that does not have a starter, from reading things in this forum it seems to be a poor model whose parts if you can find wind up costing more than its worth.....
The models without starters use one of the generator windings to turn over the engine. If the engine is running/tuned properly, there should be no problem starting this model. These units had automatic start systems at one time, that's something that would not have been an option if there was a starting issue inherent with this model.

I'd say a big part of the problem is in the statement you made, these things need to be run. Like any engine, not using them on a regular basis is their biggest killer, otherwise they are pretty bullet proof. Ya some of the parts are NLA but can be found if you look hard enough. As for parts costing more than it's worth; not always, and that's subjective, I couldn't begin to put a value on the benefits mine gives me.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

Thanks for the information and wishful thinking, I guess I'll see soon enough what I actually have and what I have going on, she'll be easy to reinstall if it goes in, in the meantime I probably removed 800 lbs and my Honda EU200i is perfect the rare occasions I need some juice out on the hook