Looking For A Shift Control Assembly For 1977 F30

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jsmenzel

Looking For A Shift Control Assembly For 1977 F30

Post by jsmenzel »

Hello all,

I have a 1977 F30 and the starboard shift handle on the upper helm station for the starboard transmission has broken off. I am on the hunt for another assembly. All of the replacements that I have found have a larger foot print and will not fit on the upper helm station. I could put the new units on the lower helm station and move the ones from the lower station to the upper, but there will be some considerable modifications to be done.

Does anyone out there have a shifter assembly that they are not using and wouldn't mind parting with, or know of someone that may have one?

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Scott Menzel
603-289-0691
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Re: Looking For A Shift Control Assembly For 1977 F30

Post by lawyerdave71 »

What brand is it? Is it Morse controls? If so parts are easily available.
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
jsmenzel

Re: Looking For A Shift Control Assembly For 1977 F30

Post by jsmenzel »

They maybe morse but I haven't been able to find the same type. The assemblies are different and the handle broke off of the aluminum shaft. I have purchased new morse controls but they take up more real estate and there is not enough room on the fly bridge mounting. So, I will need to move the ones from the lower helm to the upper helm and install the new ones on the lower station.

Rather not do that if I can find a single assembly.

Scott