10 Meter Mid Cabin "Refresh"

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 10 Meter Mid Cabin "Refresh"

Post by WayWeGo »

Kegan, we must have crossed paths when I was going through Sylvan Beach on the 26th.

BTW, your Trojan is looking great, along with your family!
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
zedtwentyate
Moderate User

Post by zedtwentyate »

WayWeGo wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:14 pm Kegan, we must have crossed paths when I was going through Sylvan Beach on the 26th.

BTW, your Trojan is looking great, along with your family!
Oh man. Did you see me tied up? I watch just about every boat that come down through there but I must have missed you. Having a baby on board does make for some extra work.

Thank you for the kind words.

Where are/were you headed that brought you up my way?
Kegan

1986 Trojan F-27 (SOLD!!!)
1989 Trojan 10 Meter Mid Cabin
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Looks like your getting it together !
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

zedtwentyate wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:58 am Oh man. Did you see me tied up? I watch just about every boat that come down through there but I must have missed you. Having a baby on board does make for some extra work.

I did not notice you, but there were a lot of boats there. I saw a F-30 heading onto Oneida Lake as we were reentering the canal.

I was helping friends move their new Tolleycraft 44 CPMY from Erie, PA through the Erie Canal to Albany. They went on from there to their home port in New Hampshire. It was an awesome trip!

20190523_183846 Cropped.jpg
20190523_183846 Cropped.jpg (92.57 KiB) Viewed 4749 times
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
zedtwentyate
Moderate User

Post by zedtwentyate »

WayWeGo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:59 pm
zedtwentyate wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:58 am Oh man. Did you see me tied up? I watch just about every boat that come down through there but I must have missed you. Having a baby on board does make for some extra work.

I did not notice you, but there were a lot of boats there. I saw a F-30 heading onto Oneida Lake as we were reentering the canal.

I was helping friends move their new Tolleycraft 44 CPMY from Erie, PA through the Erie Canal to Albany. They went on from there to their home port in New Hampshire. It was an awesome trip!

20190523_183846 Cropped.jpg

Very nice. That’s a fun ride.

We left Sylvan about 11:00 on Sunday. So depending on what time you came through, we may already have departed.

I met a guy aboard a beautiful biking who was also helping a friend move a boat. He has an 87 mid cabin. For some reason he isn’t a member here though.
Kegan

WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

zedtwentyate wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:13 pm We left Sylvan about 11:00 on Sunday. So depending on what time you came through, we may already have departed.
We passed Sylvan Beach just about noon, so missed each other by a little bit.
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
zedtwentyate
Moderate User

Post by zedtwentyate »

Sometimes we make mistakes...

I've been dealing with what I thought was a bit of lifter noise on my port motor. It has been going on since last season and I didn't have a whole lot of urgency to resolve it...

Well, I had a fellow amateur mechanic board my boat last week. He, like I, loves to stick his head in other peoples engine compartments. He said that it sounded more like an exhaust leak.

Well, after 30 seconds, we found our source.

The exhaust crossover that is used to heat the divorced choke had blow out the gasket material covering it.

I remember when I installed these felpro gaskets that they had restrictor plates that I forgot to install. I already had the motors reassembled and painted when I realized it. So, like a real lazy mechanic, I opted to run without them.

Don't do that :)

Both sides of the crossover were fried!

The other night, i ripped the intake off and replaced with a new gasket with the restrictor plates installed :)

Now to do the starboard motor...
Kegan