New owner of 1979 F36 Convertible

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: New owner of 1979 F36 Convertible

Post by prowlersfish »

lawyerdave71 wrote:I hate to be stupid but did Beacon say if they were going to get anymore in the future?

I had my fiberglass blower motor cover repaired by a fiberglass guy and I am happy although the color (gelcoat) is slightly off than the hull color. It does not bother me.

If anyone ever says anything about the slight color difference, I chew them out but most people do not notice. They are more impressed with my docking skills!!
Not they same vents as yours I believe , I think yours are smaller ??? Kind of hard to see in your photo
WayWeGo wrote:Interlux Brightside Y4381 Off White is a pretty good match for my hull. Not perfect, but I painted the spray rails at the stern with it and they don't stand out as a poor color match.
Thanks I may try that color
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

WayWeGo wrote:Interlux Brightside Y4381 Off White is a pretty good match for my hull.
I agree that is the color. Closest thing to original out there on the market.
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

WayWeGo wrote:Interlux Brightside Y4381 Off White is a pretty good match for my hull. Not perfect, but I painted the spray rails at the stern with it and they don't stand out as a poor color match.
It's going to depend on the hull, what it has been through (lots of sun or boat house kept), maintenance/cleaning/polish/wax over the years, etc... depends on how close you consider close enough.
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

Interlux Brightside Y4381 Off White

I stand by it - shes the color!
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express