What I did with my boqt this weekend.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Rickforth

What I did with my boqt this weekend.

Post by Rickforth »

This summer was the first season for me with a new to me 1988 Trojan F32. The twin 350 Crusaders, generator and fresh water system have been winterized. I spray oiled the engines, generator, rudders & running gear. The shrink wrap is finished and I put an access door this Saturday. Winter projects---replacing the stainless bolting hardware holding the swim platform together. I tightened one of the bolts and it sheared. All of the platform hardware is showing some wear so new nuts & bolts will be a preventive maintenance project New exhaust manifolds will be installed on the starboard motor. All interior teak will be oiled. Servicing the salon sliding door to keep the rollers working properly. The props will both be removed, freshened, and cupped as the WOT throttle was running 4900RPMs for both engines, A little to high for these old V8s. New zincs will be ordered in January. Think Spring!!!
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Re: What I did with my boqt this weekend.

Post by lawyerdave71 »

Boat zincs???

http://www.boatzincs.com/

cheapest place I know of.
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

Also friendly suggestion on your platform . . . don't forget to check the mounting blocks on the inside of the stern. Are they wood or stainless steel? If wood, replace with stainless steel (prefered) or new wood.
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Where do you boat? Zinc "zincs" might not be best for your locale.

See this link (and plenty others):
http://www.boatus.com/boattech/casey/sa ... -zincs.asp
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

stainless would worry me, i prefer blocks as they have some give helping protect the gell coat from stress cracks. might I add that the blocks dont need to be so huge they dont sit flush to the hull. Im speaking from experience on this one when I say bigger isn't always better