Bimini bother

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jbrem003

Bimini bother

Post by jbrem003 »

NYC + blizzard = sad and torn Bimini.

I'm thinking of building a new hardtop for the sunbridge on my 36' trojan tri-cabin, but would also love a new blue Bimini top (current o e is over 30 years old and vinyl windows are way past their prime.

Do I have to retrofit a whole new Bimini enclosure to the current boat or do they still sell this pattern/layout somewhere that my interweb searching has been unable to locate?

Thanks!
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: Bimini bother

Post by P-Dogg »

I'm all but sure you're looking at custom work. Regarding the hardtop, I would love to see what you have in mind/finally do. I have fantasies about a 3D foam/glass hardtop with integrated storage for fishing rods, life jackets, lights, premium window material, etc., and sporting a standalone RV heat pump for the helm. Not to mention that I could install a legal anchor light up there.

If you've never priced replacement canvas, sit down before you receive the estimate. And take a Xanax if you can get one....
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
The Dog House
Active User

Post by The Dog House »

We had Lippincott Marine Canvas ( http://www.lipmarcanvas.com/Lippincott_ ... /Main.html ) redo the canvas on our F26 a couple of years ago using Sunbrella and Strataglass. We're happy with the job they did. The whole project (top, sides, and back) cost around $3,000.
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

Your canvas lasted 30 years?? Boy oh boy count your blessings.

I'd like to see you go with a hardtop!! In the end, you will like it.
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
Lou

Post by Lou »

I am considering this. Waiting on my quote. http://hardtotop.com/index.html
1972 - Trojan F31
1981 - Grady White Sailfish 25
1988 - Wellcraft 2800 Express
1966 - Chris Craft 36'
comodave
Moderate User

Post by comodave »

I have put a Hard to Top on an F32 and now my President 41. I like them. They are slow to respond to the web site requests, so I call them to get a price. They are very easy to install. If you get keder strips around the top it is easy to fabricate side curtains to complete the enclosure.
Trojan has been sold
1987 President 41 DC 225 Lehmans
Au Gres, Michigan