Where do I place the boat's name?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Runabouts.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

dennis

Where do I place the boat's name?

Post by dennis »

I am restoring a 1952 Trojan Sea Queen Deluxe 14' mahog. runabout, powered by a 1952 Johnson 25hp outboard. White hull, topsides brightwork. The word "Trojan" has been painted in the original font on each side of the hull towards the stern, as seen in the original photo of this model.
:? On each side of the hull? On one side or each side of the transom? Her name is "Nutmeg".
61SkiBee
Sporadic User

Post by 61SkiBee »

I dunno Dennis. Do you have the Runabout Owner's list? If you like, I can e-mail you a copy and you can ask around. Quite a few outboard runabout owners on there. Mine's an inboard, and I've been looking for years to find where the chromed metal Trojan badge is supposed to mount. I got it with with the boat, but never found any mounting holes, so I'm holdin' out until I know for sure! Good luck making your boat "correct."
Guy Strauss

"Das Boot"
'61 SkiBee, 17' Inboard Runabout ski tow
Ford 292 Interceptor (pictured)
NYRaider

Post by NYRaider »

My '56 Sea Queen has no name painted on it...it does name a metal name "trojan boats" on the dash board.
61SkiBee
Sporadic User

Post by 61SkiBee »

Yo thanks for the tip. I have considered the dashboard as a possibility but the badge is really big, so I think it is placed on the outside. Since there's only one, I think it might go on the transom, but not sure where.
Guy Strauss

"Das Boot"
'61 SkiBee, 17' Inboard Runabout ski tow
Ford 292 Interceptor (pictured)
Melvin Chapuis

1955 Trojan C5234

Post by Melvin Chapuis »

Hi Dennis Here is a picture of a new Trojan in 1955 you can see the name on it. Thanhs Mel