1957 Trojan Sea Queen 14'

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Runabouts.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

JBlencowe686

1957 Trojan Sea Queen 14'

Post by JBlencowe686 »

I just found this website the other day, what a great place to get information!, I am new to antique boat ownership. Well my grandparents bought my 1957 SeaQueen 14' from Elmira Ny, or so I believe thats where they bought it, used I'm told. I found a tag that has the old boat dealship so I'm assuming that's where it came from, they were probably the second owners of my boat. While they were alive I showed interest in taking possession of the boat, which my grandmother agreed and handed me the registration, that was about 6 years ago, since then they both have passed. The boat has always been kept in a barn, I am assuming the last time it was used was around 1985 since that was the last time the trailer was registered. I believe this is a 1957 sea queen just by looking at pictures of other boats similar, although I have not found a single other 1957 14 foot boat exactly like mine. The boat currently has a evinrude 25hp motor, which not sure if was the original motor or not. I will post some pics of the motor and boat, if anyone has knowledge concerning my boat I would appreciate any help. I am just starting to refinish, starting with the bottom first as there is some rot near the transom, not sure how im going to repair that but I guess trial and error. Had thought of fiberglassing the bottom but it seems wood boat owners get very upset with this process...so I think I will leave it all wood and hopefully seal it right. Also if anyone has an idea of the value of a refinished boat like this? I found a similar one in PA, it was a 59 I think, guy wanted around 12k or something like that. I don't plan to sell mine but would like to know what she will be worth. Thanks, Jason

Having trouble placing the pic in here...says file is too large. Im no computer wiz, any way to get it to fit?
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1957 Trojan Sea Queen 14'

Post by prowlersfish »

Welcome , to the forum . Not sure if this will help with the pics but maybe

http://www.trojanboats.net/wforum/viewt ... f=1&t=2577
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D