VENTING

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

VENTING

Post by larglo »

Wasn't sure if I should post here or on the boat site, for this subject.

But I have to do some venting or I'll bust. After buying our Trojan last July, I have spent all that time to getting the boat ready for use, so we could cruise without worry over gauges that did not work, etc. I wanted to get it looking good for when we took her out.
That day came a week to ten days ago. But the very day after that, the floods came.

Since that time, I have not been able to even get to the marina, let alone, the boat. I tried this morning again, but the water is still to high on the road to pass. I am told that all is well at the docks, but, I sure would like to see for myself.

I did find out that Four Corners marina, it is a lot worse. That's where we had the boat docked until last Oct. That was some comfort, but, at the same time, I feel sad for the boaters there.

But any way, I have to vent my displeasure, or bust,,, here goes,,,@@##3, *&%%$, and !!!%$&*. :x

There,,I feel a little bit better! :!:

And I thank you, Larry
Larry - 1980 F25 HT

"Lady G"
Mt. Juliet, TN
http://www.photobucket.com/larglo
Jersdevil
Moderate User

Post by Jersdevil »

Your welcome Larry. I know how you feel. Our marina is right on the Chesapeake and when Tropical storms, hurricanes, Nor'Easters come thru it is sometimes difficult to get down as well. We have gone down before the bad part of storms have hit to ensure all is well not only with our boat but others as well. You would be amazed how many people never show up until after the bad weather clears.
Hank Newman
"Winsome" 1979 - F30 Clean Machine
First Sergeant, U.S. Army Retired
Co-Owner Don Snyder
Tuck
Moderate User

Post by Tuck »

not trying to sound funny here, but can't you get someone with a jon-boat, ski, or something along those lines to come pick you up where the road gets bad and take you the rest of the way? or get a raft or something and take it the rest of the way?
Terran
1986 Silverton 40' Aftcabin

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

yeah not gettin' to the boat after a storm SUCKS after the last nor'easter we had I had to sneak in. All was well but it sucked not being able to see for ones self.
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/