Local Newsprint

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Local Newsprint

Post by Stripermann2 »

Who gets paid to write up stories like this. Can you spot anything wrong with this article? Good grief... :roll:

Man alleges false imprisonment, sues hospital for $12M
August 30, 2010 - 8:14am

WASHINGTON - A Maryland man is suing Prince George's Hospital Center for more than $12 million, alleging he was detained, beaten and verbally assaulted.
Joseph Wheeler, 46, of Inigoes, Md. was taken to Prince George's Hospital after a car accident. When he awoke, he says realized he was wearing an identification bracelet for another patient who is a woman. He was told he was scheduled to have a mass removed from his chest.

When he attempted to leave, he says two security guards detained and beat him. ABC.com reports.

Staff and security guards tried to take the identification bracelet from him. He was allowed to leave the hospital after signing a consent form.

He then sought treatment at St. Mary's Hospital four broken ribs, a sprained shoulder, a ruptured spleen, and a concussion, according to court documents.

He and his wife are suing for $3.2 million in compensatory damages and $9.5 million in punitive damages.

(Copyright 2010 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

WASHINGTON - A Maryland man is suing Prince George's Hospital Center for more than $12 million, alleging he was detained, beaten and verbally assaulted.
Joseph Wheeler, 46, of Inigoes, Md. was taken to Prince George's Hospital after a car accident. When he awoke, he says realized he was wearing an identification bracelet for another patient who is a woman. He was told he was scheduled to have a mass removed from his chest.

When he attempted to leave, he says two security guards detained and beat him. ABC.com reports.

Staff and security guards tried to take the identification bracelet from him. He was allowed to leave the hospital after signing a consent form.

He then sought treatment at St. Mary's Hospital four broken ribs, a sprained shoulder, a ruptured spleen, and a concussion, according to court documents.

He and his wife are suing for $3.2 million in compensatory damages and $9.5 million in punitive damages.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

Sounds to me like it is made up. But again people will do anything for money.
Fishing Chesapeake Bay and Off Shore Virginia.
1988 11 meter Trojan International 450 HP 671TI Detroit Diesels
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Actually, I was trying to point out that no one proof reads anymore.

Here, I highlighted a simple error. It should read,
He then sought treatment at St. Mary's Hospital for broken ribs

Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
MTP
Moderate User

Post by MTP »

How do you know it was not Four ribs, Just saying
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

I see what you are saying but I still see a problem with what he is doing. He came from a accident and now is blaming the hospital for his broken ribs. Hard to prove I think
Fishing Chesapeake Bay and Off Shore Virginia.
1988 11 meter Trojan International 450 HP 671TI Detroit Diesels
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Nothing is mentioned about the woman he was mistaken for.....I wonder whose bracelet she had on and what happened to her????
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin