Conversion from Raw water cooling to closed cooling

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

mak'nem

Conversion from Raw water cooling to closed cooling

Post by mak'nem »

Hello again all Trojan boat owners, Many thanks for all the help to date with this new Trojan F32 owner.
All your replies have been most helpful.
I have yet another question: The boat has spent all its years on the Great Lakes and has therefore has raw water cooled engines.
However she will next summer glide on the beautiful waters of Mahone Bay in Nova Scotia and will as a result the salt water will quickly eat away at anything it comes in contact with.
I plan later in the year to install heat exchangers to both 318's and would appreciate any suggestions and tips on doing the conversion from Raw Water Cooled to a Closed Cooling System, and diagrams and photos would be a great help.
I do hope you all have a great Xmas and all the best for 2011
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

You may wish to re-post this on the other forum where it will get more views... :wink:
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!