Bad experience with UPS

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Torcan
Moderate User

Bad experience with UPS

Post by Torcan »

I cannot believe how friggin lazy the UPS drivers are.
I have a package coming from the USA for delivery here in Canada, I missed him Thursday, but need absolutely the item, so I took the day off Friday to wait for the guy to show up.

I now find out that an "Attempt" was made this afternoon at 1:49pm, but no one was home....

Bullcrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been here all day waiting for this package, I have a building camera in the lobby and have been recording it from my unit through the visual when someone comes to the door and rings my unit. He never showed up, fast forwarding from 7:00am up until now shows NO UPS guy every attempted.

I called and they apologized, and would try to get him back here, but I don't hold out much hope.
I will not take another day off work to wait for a lazy driver that doesn't show up

I am pissed off,
Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh..and..this is not the 1st time I have had this problem, why do companies continue to use these guys?
Last edited by Torcan on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

UPDATE:

had to drive 20 miles to their depot, or have it delivered Monday,(right)Driver was supposed to be there at 5:30pm, waited until 8:45 for package to finally arrive.

He probably spent the day at a massage parlour, wonder how many others had a bogus delivery notice on his route.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Every UPS and FED X driver I have seen Works their Tails off .

Maybe its a Canadian thing ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

prowlersfish wrote:Every UPS and FED X driver I have seen Works their Tails off .

Not just a Canadian thing, I have been on other forums with different issues, and it seems to happen quite often.
Maybe it is because they are overworked, have too many deliveries and just bypass a few private residences. I don't think they would bypass commercial, just easier to bypass personal residences to make up time.

Guy at counter who has to deal with customers picking up alluded to a problem in that area.
MTP
Moderate User

Post by MTP »

prowlersfish wrote:Every UPS and FED X driver I have seen Works their Tails off .

:wstupid

dont we have a fedex guy on this forum
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

:wstupid ?????????????? ????

care to explain ?? please :D
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

I typically have bad experiences with UPS as well. I always hate it when I buy something and they ship UPS as I know I am probably going to have a problem getting what I paid for.

I have had the same 'nobody home' sticker stuck to my door while I have stayed home all day to wait for it - no knock, no doorbell. After three failed attempts the parcel is returned to the depot - there is an 800,000 sq ft depot about a mile from my place, and a "UPS Store" about a quarter mile away - they don't send it there. They send it to a depot thats about 15 miles away instead, with pickup hours 7:30AM-9AM, and 4:30PM-6PM (more time off work, in rush hour highway traffic, to go get the thing).

Around here, their organization does not really seem to be highly focused on 'customer service'. Maybe its better elsewhere, but they suck around here.
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

I'm the FedEx Ground guy NOT EXPRESS . So what's up ? :wink: I can't fix it I deal with the system just like you, And yes UPS sucks sand.
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
MTP
Moderate User

Post by MTP »

prowlersfish wrote::wstupid ?????????????? ????

care to explain ?? please :D

that is the tag code for the smile holding a sign that says "I agree with stupid"

apparently the code does not work here

I was agreeing with you
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

you you say I am stupid ? well I have to agree with you :D
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

I dunno...my experience is just the opposite. My UPS deliveries are always on time while the FedUp crew doesn't seem to care when you get a delivery.

Maybe it's a geographical thing... :roll: :wink:
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Ok buddy what's up with that ? You talking about express or ground ? Ground I can tell you how to fix FedEx express lord knows what those a**holes are doing.
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
hmc
Sporadic User

Post by hmc »

I am still waiting on a Box being shiped DHL 8)
f boat ( glass )
TROJANS !!!
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

I ordered $1500 worth of camera and lens, had it shipped ups insured and the idiots dropped it on my doorstep while I was at work all day. Amazingly it was still there when I got home. Man was I tempted to say it never came!!
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
ramblin

Post by ramblin »

i have a UPS store and where as i'm not a UPS employee (the UPS stores are independantly owned) can say a few things about UPS (and FEDEX too)

first regarding the $1500 camera lenes, if the company he bought them from did insure them for $1,000 or more UPS automatically requires a signature. This seems not to be the case, and the driver has no idea whats in the box or the value.

For those that don't want to wait at home can i suggest you contact your local UPS store and make arraigments to have your packages sent there (before you order anything) from any carrier. yes there is a fee, but better than taking a day off or having it left on your doorstep.

Fedex express and fedex ground are two different companies. Express drivers are employees whereas ground are independents, ie they own the route, truck, etc.

We have all companies drivers making deliveries to our store and all the drivers are very good. I would not say one company is better than another,

We ship 100's of pkgs every day and experience very little issues with delays or missed deliveries.