2011 Trojan Rendezvous is on ! chesapeake-bay

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

The official" Chesapeake rendezvous" Was started by Jerry

here is part of a email with some of the story
.........................................................................................................
"Hi Paul, nice to hear from you. I bought a 1987 F-23 about 10 years ago and was having trouble keeping it running. I had been active in several organizations ans enjoyed the company of other people with the same interests so I contacted several Trojan ownes in the Kent Island area and suggested a little get-together. It was so well received I ran a few ads in the local boating magazines and got a big response. I set the up first rendezvous at Great Oak Landing and it was a big success. The next year we went to Cambridge but returned to Great Oak the following 3 years. In 2006 we had 42 boats show up, a record for a single brand meeting on the Chesapeake. "
.........................................................................................................

Jerry Had some back issues I believe and Kent took over . 2008 had a poor turn out due issues . I had been fowling this rendezvous for a while . I believe I found out about it from another now defunct web site . I started pushing the rendezvous hard on this site for 2009 and we had a good turn out 20 something boats I believe . in 2010 they again had a lower turn out . I believe it was due to 2 things ,the economy and it was to far north . I will again push it here even though I will not be able to make it .

I posted the info and then removed it and had it moved here Because the way the responses went. ( most where deleted ) , This Rendezvous has maybe 20% of them on here and of those most are not on here much. Even thought I can not go this year . I take it seriously and respect Kent's efforts and the people that go . And think this dose not deserve all the of off topic BS that was posted.

I will be reposting all the info soon both on The rendevouis and where I will be a long with Wes and Tony , maybe a mid bay get together the following weekend ? nothing offlicial just a we will be here Join us if you want .

I don't want to take away anything or anyone from the Real Rendezvouis
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Allen Sr
Active User

Post by Allen Sr »

I'm sorry if I came off sounding like my typical smart a$$ self. I was just wondering and trying to find out more info. My wife and I are trying to plan out how to be there and then run down the bay to meet up with Paul, and Tony and hopefully Jamie will be around so we can meet him also. Glad its not next week end cause my boat is torn to shreds right now! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Growing old is inevitable,but growing up is optional
1984 F36 w/350 Crusaders 'Reel Class'
2011 Trojan Rendevous
Solomons Get Together 2011
Ocean City 2012,2013,2015
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Allen I will post the details of the rendezvous , I will also let you know where I will be that weekend and through the following weekend

The rendezvous is set. I will know more of my plans after the "cruse meeting" next weekend Those plans may be flexible due to fuel prices (sadly ) but its safe to say I will be mid bay (Potomac river area ?, Solomons ? ? DC ? ) or all the above .

pray for cheap fuel prices :wink:
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Info now on the main Forum
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.