Gas prices..this can't be good for us

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Don't blame OPEC its the speculators driving the price up
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

Just paid $3.89 for reg in my truck......that would put it around $5+ on the water.......just when I'm getting my new engine so I can use the boat more......grumble, grumble.........
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

I was wondering if the move to newer renewable resources like solar, wind and bio fuels. That along with autos getting better gas mileage has anything to do with rising prices as well.

It is kind of a darned if you do, and darned if you don't.
Gas companies are selling less with new technologies, but need to keep profits up.

Comes down to quantity sold still trying to maintain profits.
Try to get as much as you can while demand is still there, because one day demand will be only a trickle?????
Make sense?

Just food for thought...or as some like to say
Just saying :)
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Everyone blames the oil companies ,But it is the speculators causing the prices to rise .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Drill baby drill...... Before it's to late

Oh does this make sense? Washington says no drilling off of south Florida between the keys and Cuba so Russa is out there right now one mile off the line setting up.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

I agree with Audrey - life is too short and so is the boating season on the great lakes to worry too much about the price of fuel. I'm 63 and figure I may have 10 good boating years left. I'm not gonna sit one out because of fuel prices.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

I passed by the pumps at my marina yesterday while I was procrastinating on getting into gear on the jobs I have to do to get her ready for launch. Don't know if they have been updated yet to current pricing since there are only a handfull of boats in, but pricing was :

Regular : 1.353 / litre
Premium: 1.455 / litre
Diesel : 1.396 / litre

That's $5.14 - $5.53 a US gallon (3.8 litres), OR $6.09 - $6.55 a CDN gallon (4.5 litres). Yes, docking and storage fees and regular mtce costs more... but the gouging on fuel is still a p.i.t.a.
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Down here in Lauderdale the price on Friday was 4.35 (gas) per gallon by truck. that's around 100.00 per hour at cruise for me and almost my limit. If it goes to 5.00 I won't stop using my boat but I might be going a lot slower.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

San Diego California: filled up my truck today, reg unleaded $4.17

I dont believe supply is the issue, the issue is an administration that wants higher fuel prices to push an environmental agenda. I work as an emissions compliance manager for a large company with a very large diesel fleet. In California, and a few other states, Diesels are looked at by state environmental regulators as the root of all evil.
I have been to government meetings to where those in the audience and those on the boards openly lobby for regulating higher pump prices on fuel and home and commercial electricty to "manipulate behavior" or, in plain speak, punish those of us who wish to partake in some sort of activity that consumes fuel or electricity in an amount the regulating elite does not agree with.

Lisa Jackson, the head of the EPA, has stated this as well, of course the environmental activists, usually academics, hide behind saving babies and elderly, protecting the rain forest or the biggest scam in history besides Obama, global warming, er, climate change, er cimate disruption. They (environmentalist academia regulators) use these scarey scenarios to fool the general public in going along with their agenda, it all sounds good on the surface, on purpose to fool you, but hiden in the regulation there are things like no drill zones, CAFE standards, NOx limits, PM reduction, low carbon, low sulphur fuels, double walled fuel tanks, special vapor recovery fuel nozzles, elaborate fuel tank venting filters, DEF, low rolling resistance tires, Smartway aerodinamics for trucks, the list is endless, each with an added cost to us the consumer. OPEC has a place in the story to blame, but the real enemy is within, our own government making it almost impossible to drill for and refine oil in this country. Once it is refined, the regulations for the engines, vehicles and products that use refined petroleum smother any remaining chance of us using it at an affordable cost.
whats worse, this is an intentional policy.

whew talk about ponitifications!
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

The only thing you missed is that Damn Fed printing and dumping dollars in the market making it worthless ! And that adds to it. Along with the other crap ! We have an Energy Sec. that say just 3 yrs ago the US should be paying $5.00 a gallon for gas. Well this leftist is getting his wish. Gas has doubled under this potus ! Whereate the other cry baby leftist that blamed Bush last time ? Ok rant over.
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

Unbelievable
gas went up 2 days in a row each 3 cents a litre making that about 23 cents/US gal

We are now paying approx $5.13 per US gal for regular here in Toronto
converting $$ makes it $5.34 US$

Why the f&%$ is it that when the barel of oil goes down, the companies say that it takes 6 months for a reduction to make its way and reflect in the pumps, but when the price of a barel goes up it is an immediate hike at the pumps?
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

speculators thats why
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

or you could say the Fed bank has printed to much money in the past 30 months and now it's in the system which weakens the dollar on the world market. and since our dollar is the standard that all oil is bought with the price goes up, And the O man then goes starts his own war and walks on it and it cuts the EU's oil supply well at least 3% of it. there's more to it then wall-street. :wink: :arrow: But yea it still sucks !
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

that brings up the price slow and steady for sure
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Surf and Sand

Post by Surf and Sand »

alexander38 wrote:or you could say the Fed bank has printed to much money in the past 30 months . . . .
I agree with your premise of weakening the dollar, but, the Federal Reserve does not print money. The Federal Reserve is a PRIVATE bank, which loans money to the Govt.
Mike
-1975 F30 Clean Machine