gas prices

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

alexander38
Ultimate User

gas prices

Post by alexander38 »

Hey where's all the media at that was on W's butt when gas got this high. Lefty's won't go after the O man. :arrow:
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

Post by larglo »

That's easy,,,,,,,,they was on W's butt,,,,,,,but there up O's butt!

Last year, the gas at the marina was $3.69 gal,,,,gas at station was $2.8 something,,,,,now gas at marina is $3.29 and at the station it's $3.49, I think my wife said?

Any country that doesn't use it's own natural resources is setting it's self up for trouble, and I think we're in for some trouble. With the mid-east as it is and if it gets worse, look out.

We went through this in the Carter years, with "O", it could be a lot worse. I see some on the other forum complaining about Wal Mart
But, don't blame them, blame our government for letting our small business go down the drain, by over taxing them, regulation, and on and on.
The unions forgot about the real reason they came to be and went for the power grab.
And don't anyone tell me about union's. My dad worked in the coal mine in Illinois. He was involved in the mine wars then. He died from Black lung, my brother Bob was killed in a southern Illinois mine in 66'.
Union's had a worthy purpose, then.

I worked for an aircraft co. in Nashville whose business relied on government contracts, and right after we got done with building the B1 bomber wings, we were left without work. What did the union do,,,,,,go on strike. We were out on picket lines for 3 months, and instead of helping the company get through a dry spell, hell they were demanding a $1.00 an raise, among other things. We wound up losing 7000 jobs, 7000 laid off, without work, without an income. Oh yes, they got a whole 5 cent raise for the few workers left. But I was among the 7000 people that lost their job.
That was the last time I was involved with a union. And I could tell you other stories about how the unions helped their members, in that same manner. You don't help the members of a union by driving the company out of business and losing their jobs!

That's what made Wal Mart possible, Our government drove out business to overseas, Mexico, hell we can't even get jobs drilling for oil, because our F***,in government won't let them drill for the F***'in crap!

Our president of THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA that is suppose to help, protect ALL THE PEOPLE OF THESE UNITED STATES, takes TAX PAYERS MONEY and give it to ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE IN UNIONS! What the HELL about the CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES WHO TRY AND MAKE A LIVING ON THEIR OWN suppose to do,,,,,,,,STARVE!!!!

Hell, I'm getting to upset,,,,gotta go.

Larry[/list]
Larry - 1980 F25 HT

"Lady G"
Mt. Juliet, TN
http://www.photobucket.com/larglo