Remember When?

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

that's because now they grind it up first...and make it look like chili-mac :wink:
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

alexander38 wrote:that's because now they grind it up first...and make it look like chili-mac :wink:
Oooo! :cry: Yeah probably. helps with boyancy too...LOl
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

You guys have mandetory helmets and seat belts down there?
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

Big D wrote:You guys have mandetory helmets and seat belts down there?
OK now...lets make this right. The Chesapeake is MUCH cleaner than it was 20 years ago. That said, it has a long way to go but it is very swimmable and fishable. Can't you see my head in the sand? Kidding :D
MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

Sorry Big D, I miss interpreted your statement...yes we do have mandetory helmet and seatbelt laws. Our government loves us and wants us to live long and safe lives so we can continue to pay our taxes. Doesn't your government love you?
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

MadBen wrote:
Sorry Big D, I miss interpreted your statement...yes we do have mandetory helmet and seatbelt laws. Our government loves us and wants us to live long and safe lives so we can continue to pay our taxes. Doesn't your government love you?
LMAO.....that's funny right there....
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

MadBen wrote:
Sad but true .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

prowlersfish wrote:
MadBen wrote:
Sad but true .
I know, right?
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

alexander38 wrote:
MadBen wrote:
LMAO.....that's funny right there....
:lol: :lol: :lol: and yes our government deffinately loves us too, my wallet anyway :shock:
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

I just wish ours would get the fact we're broke... :cry:
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

trojanmanXS
Moderate User

Post by trojanmanXS »

ok I'm chiming in here I tried to resist but I believe I have a good one that most can relate to.
Remember When you were a young man/woman and the stories you would hear from the elders was that every mans life was based on going to work and doing a good job? to actually "work" for every dime you deserved and to not take a dime you didnt earn? where things like respect ,honor, a mans word and a hand shake really did mean something? and in todays age its how can I screw the system and get my money by NOT working. generation after generation invested in the welfare system that enables someone to not own a home but be able to live in a nice place and not pay for things like rent,food,doctorsbills, dentist bills, electric bills , gas bills , cable bills and STILL get money back after taxes!!!!!! where now a days someone gets hurt on their weekend off work then walks into the corp on monday morning to explain he was just injured on the job and forever be entitled to workers comp and ssi. and disability for the rest of his days? damn we sure have come along way havent we?
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Ya, it's called taking resposibility for one's own actions; something the new generation seems to lack today.
MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

trojanmanXS wrote:ok I'm chiming in here I tried to resist but I believe I have a good one that most can relate to.
Remember When you were a young man/woman and the stories you would hear from the elders was that every mans life was based on going to work and doing a good job? to actually "work" for every dime you deserved and to not take a dime you didnt earn? where things like respect ,honor, a mans word and a hand shake really did mean something? and in todays age its how can I screw the system and get my money by NOT working. generation after generation invested in the welfare system that enables someone to not own a home but be able to live in a nice place and not pay for things like rent,food,doctorsbills, dentist bills, electric bills , gas bills , cable bills and STILL get money back after taxes!!!!!! where now a days someone gets hurt on their weekend off work then walks into the corp on monday morning to explain he was just injured on the job and forever be entitled to workers comp and ssi. and disability for the rest of his days? damn we sure have come along way havent we?
I hear you...seems to be the way now. All I can say is you teach your children the best you can. It seems impossible to overcome the way society seems to be headed. If you can look at yourself in the mirror every day then I consider that your /my reward. Lets not forget that our employers look at us as "disposable" too in many cases. It is a two way street now. Bla bla bla bla. I feel ya!
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

Good thread........my peeve is that kids these days get everything handed to them and have no consequence for there actions.....I see it everyday in my neighborhood. Graduate from high school and never even had a job.....hell I cut lawns, pulled weeds, washed cars....anything for a buck because if i wanted a buck there was only one way to get it....earn it.........always told my kids..."you know whats right and whats not...do the right thing, you have to sleep at night".......both came out great.........John

So anyone remember book mobiles? or the Peter wheat man???
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

about the kids, our generation told them character didn't matter ...potus #42..and that everyone get's a trophy for showing up....
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !