You can do this, but will lead to a Civil War someday!

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

Everyone has a job to do, just answer the question and be on your way.

The guy was obviously trying to provoke them, or just being an arrogant jackass, the cops were professional and courteous.

it's people like this that push cops sometimes to the breaking point.

Don't try that crap in Canada, you'll find yourself behind bars before you can cry Mary.
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

If he had something to hide, he is putting people's lives at risk by driving. If he didn't have anything to hide, why be such a prick? Some people's kids.... geez...
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

i think these days some people are just testing the rights that where givin to us hundreds of years ago. its a hard call, because we all know the more u give up your right the more you will lose. some people may not care when others do. i think it was just a test to get out the facts that are unfortunatly gonna show the younger crowd. As far as the police comment about pushing over the limit, well over the limit to me is just not accetable. They are tought control, there should be NO over the limit, EVER. EVER EVER EVER. They are suppose to use their training and only their training. Its the job they choose. Abuse of it is a fine line....You would be amazed at some of the parties I go to being a 911 Dispatchers husband where most of the girls are married to cops. Im not a fan of the life style!!
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

I agree jeff. but driving is not a right, it is a privilege. And when you get behind the wheel, you agree to the rules of the road and all the laws that go with it.
I also agree with you on the limit, but cops are human, and everyone has a breaking point, doesn't matter how much training you have. You can only hope that calmer heads will always prevail. Something I am not always able to control myself, and for that I am truly sorry.
Last edited by Torcan on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

There is a difference between asking if you have been drinking and asking you to submit to an alcohol test. Here in NY you MUST submit to an alcohol test if asked to. Failure to do so is the same as DWI. You are not however required to answer the question "Have you been drinking". That is an intrusion into personal privacy. As would be questions like "where are you going" and "where are you coming from". You do not have to answer those type of questions, and honestly shouldn't unless you want to.

I don't know where the first video was shot, but it seems the driver was aware he didn't have to answer the question, and the police acted in a polite and professional manner. When they had tried in a reasonable manner to elicit a response from the driver, and realized there was nothing they could do about a non response they did the proper thing and told the driver to have a nice night. I might also add that the police acted in a very professional manner and did not at all 'cross the line'.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Commissionpoint wrote:There is a difference between asking if you have been drinking and asking you to submit to an alcohol test. Here in NY you MUST submit to an alcohol test if asked to. Failure to do so is the same as DWI. You are not however required to answer the question "Have you been drinking". That is an intrusion into personal privacy. As would be questions like "where are you going" and "where are you coming from". You do not have to answer those type of questions, and honestly shouldn't unless you want to.

I don't know where the first video was shot, but it seems the driver was aware he didn't have to answer the question, and the police acted in a polite and professional manner. When they had tried in a reasonable manner to elicit a response from the driver, and realized there was nothing they could do about a non response they did the proper thing and told the driver to have a nice night. I might also add that the police acted in a very professional manner and did not at all 'cross the line'.
The points you hit here are very are good one. As far as the first vid the guy was right and I've refused to answer that question too, I've also refused to let them go through my car for a traffic stop. They need a warrant. And if you think on it both got what they wanted, The man kept his Rights and by asking for name and number the cops got to smell him.

The 2nd guy I'd popped his ass with with 2 darts in a heart beat :lol: :lol: :lol: The cop handled that great ! IMPO

And guys in the Great White North, Our Rights are very different than yours, Ours are granted by being Born and by our creator and the govt' can not take them, Our govt' doesn't give them to us. This is what will split Our country due to some of us hold to that piece of paper and others will sell their sole for free cheese and Birth control pills....
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Torcan wrote:I agree jeff. but driving is not a right, it is a privilege. And when you get behind the wheel, you agree to the rules of the road and all the laws that go with it.
I also agree with you on the limit, but cops are human, and everyone has a breaking point, doesn't matter how much training you have. You can only hope that calmer heads will always prevail. Something I am not always able to control myself, and for that I am truly sorry.

X2 , and as far as "driving is not a right, it is a privilege" this aplies to many other things also , something people forget or don't understand .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

that second video was just great! dont f**k up my beer now, maybe ill come down uhhh maybe I wont.... to funny, yes that cop handle that one great!!