WHAT??

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Big D
Ultimate User

WHAT??

Post by Big D »

Somebody please help me understand. So I'm driving back from Florida and I hear a commentary on the radio about a politician who states that paying unemployed people is good for the economy and creates jobs. Say what? Did I hear this right? Pretty sure I did. I know the practice has its place but to say that it has these particular benefits is puzzling and concerning. I've always held on to financial hope for our friends to the south as it usually impacts us but if what I heard is true, you guys ARE in trouble if that's the way folks in power view things. IMO of course. Is there something more to this that would help it make sense?
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

You must have been listening to NPR / PBS ( national public radio ?) . I heard a talk show they had a guest talk about how we need to get more people on Food Stamps .

Mit Romney want to stop funding to them if elected (PBS ). That what the BIG BIRD thing was about .

I hope that did not scare you away from the US a lot of us don't agree with NPR .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

It would take a lot more than that to scare me away from the US Paul but dumb financial decissions may affect all our abilities to do what we want.
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

And here's another thing; I've been running the interstates for years, and it always struck me years ago on how immaculate, I'll say again; immaculate the grounds were. Every once in a while along the way, I'd see a "chain gang" cleaning up, and I thought ,"wow, what a great idea". Haven't seen that for years, and routes aren't so clean anymore. I suppose we have to baby our criminals now too? Heck, can't make them work for their steak and potatoes, that just wouldn't be right :? . But if you're not going to do that, how about getting some of the folks you're paying to keep on unemplayment to do this sort of thing? It may entice those capable to go out and get a job rather than live off my sweat. Can you tell a long drive really gives me way too much time to think? Much like a 10 hour hike :wink:
alexander38
Ultimate User

Re: WHAT??

Post by alexander38 »

[quote="Big D"]Somebody please help me understand. So I'm driving back from Florida and I hear a commentary on the radio about a politician who states that paying unemployed people is good for the economy and creates jobs. Say what? Did I hear this right? Pretty sure I did. I know the practice has its place but to say that it has these particular benefits is puzzling and concerning. I've always held on to financial hope for our friends to the south as it usually impacts us but if what I heard is true, you guys ARE in trouble if that's the way folks in power view things. IMO of course. Is there something more to this that would help it make sense?[/quote]

D, The former Speaker on the House said that yrs ago and the libs have been repeating it ever since. That's why now you can get up to 99 weeks if beenies heck the EBT cards work in bars now, and a chain gang the ACLU got rid of those, But here in Va. the County Sheriff can work those doing time in Co. jail on lawn duty...
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

Big D wrote:Somebody please help me understand. So I'm driving back from Florida and I hear a commentary on the radio about a politician who states that paying unemployed people is good for the economy and creates jobs. Say what?
Don't let your head be confused by the something for nothing view..... plain and simple that is extra money going into the economy as they will spend it thus creating more jobs.
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

[quote="ready123"][quote="Big D"]Somebody please help me understand. So I'm driving back from Florida and I hear a commentary on the radio about a politician who states that paying unemployed people is good for the economy and creates jobs. Say what? [/quote]Don't let your head be confused by the something for nothing view..... plain and simple that is extra money going into the economy as they will spend it thus creating more jobs.[/quote]

the only thing that's missed is for the dead beats to get that dollar the Govt' took .52 cents from me and borrowed .48 cents from the world economy that my Kids and Grandkids have to pay back.....the shame of what My Nation has become..... :cry:
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

I am of the opinion that the world as we see it now , in particular our country, is un fixable. To many liberal thoughts. Everyone is sensitive, you cant say this , you cant say that. You cant offend this one, you cant offend that one, everyone is so freaking touchy. The N word, the F word, The A word, get real!!!!! Enough already. But as I said not fixable.
1983 10 meter express
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

I'm offended that everyone gets offended all the time. I don't think everyone should go around using bad language all of the time, but seriously, folks need to get over themselves. If all these do-gooders actually had something meaningful to do with their own lives they wouldn't have time to pass judgement and tell me how to live mine.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Thats just the way the left is .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

prowlersfish wrote:Thats just the way the left is .
+1,000 :wink: :wink:
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

commissionpoints comment, (I'm offended that everyone gets offended all the time.)
I dont know how to do that other thing ,,, but

+2000 to that comment, :!: :!: :!: :!:
1983 10 meter express
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

ready123 wrote:
Big D wrote:Somebody please help me understand. So I'm driving back from Florida and I hear a commentary on the radio about a politician who states that paying unemployed people is good for the economy and creates jobs. Say what?
Don't let your head be confused by the something for nothing view..... plain and simple that is extra money going into the economy as they will spend it thus creating more jobs.
Boy Michael I wish I had recorded the program. The person that made the statement used the same reasoning to justify the practice. The rebuttal of one of the speakers and his explanation of why the concept as you described simply doesn't work was priceless and made total sense to me. The concept seems like it would work but there are economic and social ramifications. I'm no financial/economic guru so I can't reiterate what was said but it was definitely logical and had no political agenda.