Deal didn't happen...

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Tuck
Moderate User

Deal didn't happen...

Post by Tuck »

well, i just wanted to pop on one last time and thank you guys for all of the information and such that you guys passed on to me this last week about that 36' tri cabin.

unfortunately, i decided not to pursue the deal.

long story short: went to the bank to authorize the transfer of $, but the seller wasn't willing to meet a couple of basic requests, which gave me the jitters. after discussing it with a couple of people i know who have had boats for years (remember, i'm a noob), i decided to pull my offer and not get the boat.

thanks again to all of you. you seem like a great group. maybe i'll find another trojan nearby. (hopefully soon...whatever it is. just sold my thompson today. lol)

cheers!
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

You did the right thing. It is a buyers market for sure, take your time and you'll find the right one. Good Luck,
Matt
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

Tuck ...take care and keep in touch. Good luck and keep searching
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

Some times you have to walk, it is tough but you just have to do it. Take your time and you will find the right boat.
Decide what you want in a boat and don't take anything less or you will be unhappy with it.
Fishing Chesapeake Bay and Off Shore Virginia.
1988 11 meter Trojan International 450 HP 671TI Detroit Diesels
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

:wink:
Last edited by alexander38 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gjrylands
Moderate User

Post by gjrylands »

They say the two happiest days of a boaters life is the day they buy a boat and the day they sell one. What's the joy of having them so close to the same day. Take your time. Other deals will surely come along. And by the way, you have taken care of the most dificult day first. Good hunting.
Gerry
1979 F36 Twin Chryler 440's
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Wow - "the seller wasn't willing to meet a couple of basic requests, which gave me the jitters"

In today's market (is there a market?), the seller was either stupid, or there were real issues.

Either way - everyone who responded here is right - wait and get the boat & deal thats right for you. It can take a year or more - but you'll know when it comes along, and you'll be happy.
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

You'll Know Her When You See Her

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

Tuck,

Don't worry. We made two offers on F-32's that fell through before we found even a better boat for the same price as the two offers that fell through. We were glad those deals fell through because we are absolutely happy with this boat which ha 900 less hours and a new interior and exterior. It is the best time in 30 years to be looking to buy a new boat. You'll find one at a steal in no time. Relax and have a cold one. Go to the boat shows and laugh at the prices on those Chlorox bottle boats.
Boat Name: A TAD TOO MUCH
Model: 1978 F-32 Sedan Cruiser
Engines: Twin Chry 360's 666 hrs original engines

2013 Mercury 300 Ocean Runner 9.9hp Merc 4 stroke