Help with a purchase

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

wrsjr101

Help with a purchase

Post by wrsjr101 »

I am about to buy a 1995 355 Express. everything is in excellent condition and the survey is great...except for some moisture. I do not want to panic, i want to be educated. the moisture is located port, behind the porthole. It has been sealed and "taken care of" as much as the current owner states and the broker as well. I am concerned with safety and how to really know what is going on. No delamination, nothing you can see.The boat sits fine and I am going to go for another sea trial to take a closer look and feel with this knowledge in place. Any help or insight would be helpful
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Help with a purchase

Post by prowlersfish »

Don't know much about Carver construction , I assume a corded hull ? What are the surveyor's thoughts on it ? Where exactly is this how large of a area ? How was it fixed ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
wrsjr101

Re: Help with a purchase

Post by wrsjr101 »

Ty for the reply. they all say no real issue with the seaworthiness. I have not gotten a straight answer on size of the area.The sealed up the port holes after removing...'thinking" that was the source.