Cleaning Walls in F36 V-Berth

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BSpencer

Cleaning Walls in F36 V-Berth

Post by BSpencer »

I purchased a 1989 F36 a couple of years ago. I've spent the months since then re-working all the mechanical needs of the boat and now it's time to go to work on the interior cosmetics. The V-Berth has some staining (looks like mildew) on the wall material. I'm not sure what that material is and I'm not sure what the best way to restore it to "like-new" condition would be. Any ideas what that material is and how to clean it - without ruining it in the attempt? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Cleaning Walls in F36 V-Berth

Post by prowlersfish »

That is a good question. A lot of the cleaners for mold/mildew have a lot of fumes. Not something I would want to use in that area.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Pics of the problem always help....
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
BSpencer

Post by BSpencer »

I'll be on the boat today so I'll grab a few pics and post them. I've replaced the flooring and refinished the woodwork but I'm still having some leaking at the windows. I know that's a common problem with Trojans but I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a solution that truly solves the issue? We do like to run with the windows open on calm and cool days. I would hate to permanently seal them shut. But, the leaking is doing some damage to the woodwork just below the mid-point of either side window set (where the cable chase covering is located on the starboard side).

Thanks for all the input. It's truly helpful to have some expertise to lean on as we try to bring this old girl back to her glory!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Make sure the tracks and drain holes are clean, so water can drain out.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D