11 Meter propellors

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Sea Play'n

11 Meter propellors

Post by Sea Play'n »

Does anyone know the stock propellor specifications for a 1985 11M command bridge with twin 350 hp Crusaders?
RickMid

Post by RickMid »

My 1989 11 meter convertable with the same engines came equiped with 24 x 27's 4 blades.

Rick
Rick
Sea Play'n

Post by Sea Play'n »

Hi Rick,
I just bought this boat, and it came with 24X27s. Top rpm was only 3700. They were destroyed with electrolosis and replaced with 24 X 25s. Rpm is up to 4200 at wide openand GPS reading 25.5 knots. The engines have not been tuned yet. The bottom is clean, and less than half a tank of gas. What performance are you getting with yours?
Thanks, Hugh
RickMid

Post by RickMid »

Hugh,

Congrats on your new Trojan....

If my memory serves me right, my sea trial had rpm's of 4100 and a speed of 27 kts. with a full tank of gas using the 24x27's.

I cruise at 3200 rpm which gets me about 17 kts.

Rick
Rick
Sea Play'n

Post by Sea Play'n »

Hi Rick,
Sounds like your engines are a little healthier than mine. I haven't had a chance to tune them yet, as I'm busy fixing all those little snags that used boats seem to come with. The manual does say that 27 knots is the top speed, so you are getting" book" performance. How many hours on the hourmeter?
Hugh
RickMid

Post by RickMid »

Hugh,

At sea trial in 2001 the hours were at 732. We are currently at 860 with no major ploblems. We have a 24' runabout that we do most of our running. The Trojan is our hotel, and gets used on overnights trips.

You'll love the way the 11 meter handles bad water, but the trade off is bad fuel economy. I don't know how bad, and I prefer to keep it that way..........

Rick
Rick