Yellow Vinyl

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Mac32
Moderate User

Yellow Vinyl

Post by Mac32 »

I am once again overwhelmed with the options. :evil:

In a effort to save money this season and apply more funds to the stringer and interior project I am going to try and clean up my vinyl windows on the bridge canvas that have some yellowing and a small amount of greasy feel to a few.

After doing some research I came by a few products but dont know what ones work the best. I also need to clean white canvas from a little yellowing and have no clue where to start with restore products.

Anyone have luck getting the yellow to go away?

Fred
JuiceClark
Moderate User

damn yellow

Post by JuiceClark »

I never figured out how to remove the yellow. So, I went on Ebay and bought new material. I used 5200, instead of sewing, to frame it all the way around with that heavy, woven fabric...and put about ten velcro straps around to attach to the flybridge and half-tower.

I never use it and keep it in the garage. But I'll probably take it out this summer when it starts raining everyday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STRATAGL ... enameZWD1V
Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Post by Danny Bailey »

I had a new flybridge enclosure made last summer and when the guy came to install it I asked him about keeping the Isinglass clear. He said what yellows it is using any cleaner with ammonia in it, or any glass cleaner. Also, touching it with sweaty or suntan lotion covered hands will discolor it. He recommended only using a cleaner specifically formulated for these transparancies. I bought two spray cans from his shop of '210'. West Marine also sells transparancy cleaner.