EYE

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Peter
Moderate User

Post by Peter »

Lets clear up the debate about veterans health care right now. Firstly no one can argue there have been instances of major screw ups in the system. But I happen to provide primary care to many veterans. And I'm sorry, I refuse to provide substandard care for any of them. Here are their options in health-care, [and I'm talking about after the major war related injuries are taking care of and their rehab complete.]

Firstly a number of veterans see me on an ongoing basis to take care of their chronic problems [diabetes, hypertension, COPD, osteoarthritis, ischemic heart disease, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and depression]. I do the work, order the tests, provide the prescriptions, and they see a VA doc once a year to have the prescriptions filled, and get their medications.

Secondly, a number of the veterans I take care of, see their VA docs for that, and only see me when they get sick, to bail them out quickly.

If they require some major diagnostic, or surgical maneuvers, they can access it [with, in my view, unacceptable waiting times through the VA, or more often we get it for them locally.]

This system is not perfect, but they get world-class care, at least where I am.
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

thank you for taking care of them, but as you know if one goes in to a VA hospital where he runs in people that don't care then he/she is screwed and there's little they can do. And I'm not talking about anyone person (you) it's system as a whole and I'd hate to see the whole med system turned in one like it.
look how the folks in D.C. are treated now the have the best of every thing they can give themselves off our backs now. The system they want to set up is no better than welfare that your forced to pay for. And they'll end up telling you what they'll cover. Just like the do in any other country that has a Govt. run heath care system, say like the one north of us and the EU
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

Post by larglo »

This is not the complete story, but can be seen at "Newsmax.com.

I go to the York VA hospital in Murfreesboro in TN. I had rarely went to a doctor while I was working, but after I retired, I went to the VA to sign up. After they learned I was a Viet Nam vet, I got approved.

My first visit, they said I had diabetes. After a year, I was told I had cancer. It seems that the places I were in, in VM is where they sprayed the Agent Orange, and that was the reason I contacted the diseases.
As I remember, 20 years or more, ago, the vets had to fight, go to court for years to get the VA to agree that's what was causing all the problems.

Now, once again the vets are having to go to court over another issue, that the VA won't help the vets with.

The point is, the vets has had to fight the VA to get any real benefits they have today. None was given to them!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A military review could bring millions of dollars in benefits to thousands of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans discharged with post-traumatic stress disorder.

The military has agreed to review the records of recent veterans discharged with PTSD to decide whether they were improperly denied benefits.

The agreement stems from a judge's order in a class action lawsuit originally filed by seven combat veterans. They alleged the military illegally denied benefits to those discharged, at least in part, because of the disorder during a six-year period that ended Oct. 14, 2008.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the York hospital, everyone is so nice, and helpful. It's the government, that's the problem!

Larry
Larry - 1980 F25 HT

"Lady G"
Mt. Juliet, TN
http://www.photobucket.com/larglo