Term limits

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

Term limits

Post by larglo »

Hi all,

One of the best things that could happen for all of us, is to DEMAND term limits for all of congress, just like the president's office.

I think two terms is plenty, any longer, and these people become out of touch with the voters who put them there.

I always though Carter was, in my life time, our worst president, Well now, that has changed!

The one thing that has always bothered me is when people say they are a democrat or republican. This seems to me, to be putting the "party" first,,,and our county second.

My father was a strong democrat, which, in my younger days, were too. Now I'm what they call an independent.

But I must admit I lean toward the conservative some what. I want ,what is best for our county, not the party. The, so called news outlets, such as MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and some others who are liberals, to me are cutting their own throats. Maybe someday, they will get what they want, only to be shut down, by the government they helped put in place. On "Newmax.com. there is an article about our president, trying to have Foxnews, shut down.

Well, I hope this forum doesn't resort to any name calling. But I do think, if we can discuss things in a constructive manner, is good. There is no chance we will all agree with one another.
So, I will test the waters, and see what happens!

Larry
Larry - 1980 F25 HT

"Lady G"
Mt. Juliet, TN
http://www.photobucket.com/larglo
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I agree . and Just to let you know you can only be newbie of the year for one year
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

At the rate Larry's going he's going to be one of the Ultimate users in record time..... :lol:
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

He may beat you to it
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

We are in control of term limits. Never vote for an incumbent!
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

hey how fast could some of them say we need to talk about this heath care more. Sen Webb (D) knows he's done and G. Nye (D) looses in the polls to his on party in the polls. The Dems are done i hope for the change. Where's are next Barry and Ronnie come from ?
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

Post by 1967 seavoyager »

If term limits are good enough for the president they're good enough for every other politician.
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
1967 Trojan 36' Sea Voyager Express
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

they have term limits every other November, We need to use them.
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/