Engine Guages

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

Engine Guages

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

Anybody know of a good source for replacement gauges for the tach, temp, oil pressure, etc.. that look similar and will fit the holes for the OEM gauges on a F-32? My tachs are innacurate, temp does not move, oil pressure pegged even though I replaced with new dual station senders.
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Are both sets of your gauges inaccurate? (Up and down stations)

If so, I doubt your problem is in the gauges...more like a wiring problem.
What year and motors do you have?

Jamie
JuiceClark
Moderate User

gauges

Post by JuiceClark »

I bought all my new Faria gauges on Ebay. They were only a little cheaper than locally, but at least I could shop while being paid at work!
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

gauges

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

I have twin Chryser 360's at 250Hp each. 1978. I have checked the senders and they have the proper ohm ratings at the temperature ranges they operate in. The wiring has been checked for continuity and all connections are proper and tight and match the schematics.
rossjo
Ultimate User

My original gaugues are junk

Post by rossjo »

My original guages are junk Smiths and not worth replacing.

I redid my 25 with some nice Teleflex Lidos, and plan to redo my F32 this winter as well - look better and much more reliable. Diesle makes the tacks a challenge, as there is no distributor ...
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
jbozzelle

Post by jbozzelle »

I know they don't look the best but probably the most reliable tachs for a diesel are the ones from Dynalco. You can buy the mag pickup, cable and tach from them. They are durable as hell.

We've got them scattered throughout our fleet of offshore supply boats here at work. There is also a company called Murphy that make a tach that is almost identical looking. Might be a private label deal....

Very easy install and setup...