10 meter mid cabin owners

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

koviak
Moderate User

10 meter mid cabin owners

Post by koviak »

Hey gang, I have a 1989 mid cabin and am thinking of removing the mirror at the dinette area and forward vee berth. Are they just supported with the mirror clips or are they glued on also ? Don't know if anyone has removed these yet, mine are loosing the plating behind the glass. Thinking of doing bookshelf at the dinette or maybe a shelf rack for adult beverages.
S.A.M.
Moderate User

Post by S.A.M. »

My mirror is still in great shape. I have clips, but have never taken it off. I thought about putting a nautical picture in it's place. The admiral remind me that do to the years, the bulkhead covering would probably be faded. And I'm not interested in recovering the walls for a picture.

Wish I could be of more help. Good luck.
Sherman
'90 10m Midcabin
koviak
Moderate User

Post by koviak »

Had the same thought about wallcovering being faded. May try it and see how bad it is.
gardnersf
Moderate User

Post by gardnersf »

Mine is still mounted, can't help you there.
BobCT
Active User

mirror removal

Post by BobCT »

don't you guys think it will "look" a lot smaller w/o a mirror there? I think the two big mirrors in the mid cabin make it look huge...

Bob
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

don't you guys think it will "look" a lot smaller w/o a mirror there? I think the two big mirrors in the mid cabin make it look huge...

Bob

=============================================

I was thinking of ADDING a mirror in the forward berth.

That way EVERYTHING looks bigger!

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
sluggo
Sporadic User

I have 1987

Post by sluggo »

mid cabin. I have the 2 mirrors like you. It has a carpet like backing on the wall holding the mirrors in both cabins. Mine are held by clips, and I have taken both off, just to see. I thought perhaps in the v berth there would be a hatch so I could get to the docking lights, but no such luck. I did think about making a hole behind the mirror so I could get back there, but haven't had the nerve yet!!
Sluggo
87 10 mid cabin
Ohio river
gardnersf
Moderate User

Post by gardnersf »

Sluggo,

If you take the board off of the back of the forward vee cabinets, you can then pull the staples and push the headliner out of the way. Then you can see the wires for the nav lights if yuo need to replace the lights and your wires are too short. Otherwise you get to them from the top.

This is also where you find the deck rail mounts
sluggo
Sporadic User

thanks

Post by sluggo »

thanks for the heads up, I'll look around some more and see
Sluggo
87 10 mid cabin
Ohio river