Rule bilge pumps - did Trojan use in '88?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BobCT
Active User

Rule bilge pumps - did Trojan use in '88?

Post by BobCT »

I replaced my aft pump last year when I got the boat and just replaced the forward engine bilge switch and mid cabin switch.

I'm going to go ahead and replace the only other switch. I have a spare pump and switch on board now as well.

Did Trojan install Rule pumps from the factory? I don't have any records with the boat just curious if they could be original.

Bob
bobg

Post by bobg »

It appears nobody knows the answer to this one. I can check what I have when I go out tomorrow, but I have no idea if mine are original either.
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

I don't know if they were original...

I had a POS Sea Choice float switch in my boat only a year old and it failed. Replace it with a Rule and never looked back.

You could call Bob here and ask or John at Marine Tech, they would be able to answer your question.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

In 1977 Trojan use lovett bilge pumps ( I have the paper work) they are not cheap but I believe they will out last any other pump
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D