Pressing my Trojans into service

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

summer storm
Moderate User

Pressing my Trojans into service

Post by summer storm »

Well I haven't been around for a while but for good reason.
I've started a boat handling course down here in florida and it takes up most of my day and night's too!

I thought you guys would like to know that after a relentless search for the perfect training boat I always ended up back at the trojan 26, I already had my 32, and owned a 26 before so maybe that made the choice a little easier.

Hopefully I'll have more time in the future to be on the forum's more but in the mean full steam ahead making these boats earn their room and board.

If you want to see "working" trojans go to the BOATS page or the COURSE page on the web site below

http://www.boathandlingschool.com

Wish me luck guys, if I have my way Trojans will be teaching new captains from florida to Maine!
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Good luck Doug - like the F32 on your banner ...

Let me know if I can help - its a tough time to start a business.
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

Good Luck Doug! Enjoyed your site, wish you all the best with your school. Nice to see the F-26, it's a great boat!
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Great Site Doug and certainly a dream job for a guy like me. What a great way to make a living.

Keep up the good work!
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

Great idea, and nice boats. I wish you much success.... You might want to check the weight "specs" in the boat section........
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

jddens wrote:Great idea, and nice boats. I wish you much success.... You might want to check the weight "specs" in the boat section........
Damm web guys, I wish my 32 was 1,200 lbs and not 12,000. Anyway thank you very much to all for the kind words. Thankfully I still have my day job so the pressure is not extreme.

And ROSSJO I totally agree the timing can't be worse, but I've put this off for years and if I can make it through this lean time I "think" I will be in a good position for better times.
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

I see you're in Ft. Lauderdale. My cousin has a yact brokerage down there.
Perhaps I can set you up with him and you can offer your services for potential new buyers or get you set up in one of their links? Anything to help out. Nice site you have. Good luck!

http://curtisstokes.net/
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Best of luck Doug. Having opened a few businesses in my time I can categorically state it's NEVER a good time to open a new business, unless you (1) have a market (2) have a product and (3) have demand. It looks like you'll nail all 3 on the head. One more reminder from this scarred, but happy biz warrior - It never is a easy as they say it will be, and it takes a lot longer than they say it will. Hang in there and don't listen too much to what "they" have to say!
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Stripermann2, by all means let him know I am here. I looked at his web site and I think I met Sean Noels onboard the yacht I run the Missy B II
http://www.motoryachtmissyb.com

Thanks to everyone in the forum that has contacted me about taking the course, even if you can't find time to do it at least I know there is a real interest in this project.

And Randyp thanks for those very kind words.
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

when i'm on a long layover in ft. lauderdale, might i drop by for a visit? i'd love to be around boats while 'at work'.
aaron in baltimore
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

summer storm wrote:Stripermann2, by all means let him know I am here. I looked at his web site and I think I met Sean Noels onboard the yacht I run the Missy B II
http://www.motoryachtmissyb.com

Thanks to everyone in the forum that has contacted me about taking the course, even if you can't find time to do it at least I know there is a real interest in this project.

And Randyp thanks for those very kind words.
Doug, I spoke with my cousin Curtis, at Curtisstokes.net this past weekend at the Annapolis show and gave him a brief on you. He said to give him a call or email him and he'd be happy to help out.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!