tricab for 9.5K

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

summer storm
Moderate User

tricab for 9.5K

Post by summer storm »

Looks OK, new engines for 15K and you might have a good boat

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1981/Tr ... ted-States
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Good looking tri-cabin for the money.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
rbcool
Active User

Post by rbcool »

Nice! good winter project.
When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
Ronald Reagan
1987 F36 Tri-Cabin
Twin 270 Crusaders
"Special K"
Upper Bay, Chesapeake Bay

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/ff424/rbcool/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

After the repower you have as much in it as for a turn key boat and a lot of hours of work on top of the money no deal to me
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jimbo36
Moderate User

Post by jimbo36 »

prowlersfish wrote:After the repower you have as much in it as for a turn key boat and a lot of hours of work on top of the money no deal to me
I'm with you on that. Engines, drives, etc, etc,= money pit. In my opinion, you would have to pick up this kind of boat for peanuts. No, I really mean peanuts :lol:
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Really? I thought these boats (tricabs) were worth a lot more than that.
Of course I haven't looked into buying one for 9 years. Back then every good one I looked at was in the mid 40''s

I dare not ask what the 32's are going for these days :shock:
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

OK, just thinking about it and I've got to ask, what's a good 32 going for these days
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

The value listed on the survey and what you can actually sell it for are quite different in this economic market. Not sure what an F32 is going for these days, but when I bought my F36 tri-cabin, the survey value was more than double what I paid for it, but I bought it from a widow who had lost her husband, was stuck trying to sell the boat, and it was late October and she was facing a few thousand in winterizing and storage fees in Michigan. He had passed away in February of that year and she just wanted to move it. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time with cash as a buyer.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

summer storm wrote:OK, just thinking about it and I've got to ask, what's a good 32 going for these days
Well, recently (less than a year :wink: ) a member's F32 sold for 10K...then is now selling for over 30k!

http://www.trojanboats.net/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=3999

I see this guy (seller) has deleted his ad on CL! :roll: Maybe the seller has been reading this forum... :?:
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Stripermann2 wrote:
summer storm wrote:OK, just thinking about it and I've got to ask, what's a good 32 going for these days
Well, recently (less than a year :wink: ) a member's F32 sold for 10K...then is now selling for over 30k!

I see this guy (seller) has deleted his ad on CL! :roll: Maybe the seller has been reading this forum... :?:
Or maybe he sold it.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

summer storm wrote:Really? I thought these boats (tricabs) were worth a lot more than that.
Of course I haven't looked into buying one for 9 years. Back then every good one I looked at was in the mid 40''s

Boat 9500 , engines 15k ( you install for free ) canvas 10k ok your up to 34500 for a average tri you can buy one for that or less yes some are more but they are in much better cond and Its a abandon repo what else is wrong ?? surprises can cost a lot .at least with a ruining boat you can test stuff before you buy .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

prowlersfish wrote:
summer storm wrote:Really? I thought these boats (tricabs) were worth a lot more than that.

Boat 9500 , engines 15k ( you install for free ) canvas 10k ok your up to 34500 for a average tri you can buy one for that or less yes some are more but they are in much better cond and Its a abandon repo what else is wrong ?? surprises can cost a lot .at least with a ruining boat you can test stuff before you buy .
Just got brand new canvas including heavy gage stainless steel frame for my tri for $5200 with heavy gage glass.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

k9th wrote:
Stripermann2 wrote:

Or maybe he sold it.
my 1976 f-32 was in great shape for her age, and in good mechanical/structural shape. i had her listed for 13,500 and was offered 12K. the tri cabin i just closed on was in the right place and at the right time as the previous owners were a two boat owning family and wanted to move her, and were also very realistic at the current market trends for used boats. after some hard negotiating on both sides, i was able to obtain her for 26,500 which, given her overall condition was a good deal. when they bought her in 2005, she was surveyed at well over double that. my purchase price allows me some wiggle room to make some interior improvements etc.... even with the just mentioned 'underwater misshap' sunday.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

k9th wrote:
Stripermann2 wrote:

Or maybe he sold it.
I emailed the seller and got a response. He wasn't exactly truthful...we'll leave it at that.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!