WHAT BOAT DO I HAVE?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

shawtrojan

WHAT BOAT DO I HAVE?

Post by shawtrojan »

I recently purchased a 78 f26 or so I thought.The hull serial # shows 77 but an included hull survey shows 78.This boat is a hard top with a small bolt on two person flybridge.To top it all off,it has twin volvo penta 4 cyl gas engines with volvo 280 stern drives.Any hull this size are all a single V8 shaft.I have yet to see another boat the same.How rare is it? Where can I get more literature?Thanks in advance!!!
chucka
Sporadic User

Post by chucka »

Here is a link to a trojan 26 review from a 1999 copy of powerboat guide. It alludes to a twin engine configuration
listing the fuel capacity at 75 gal for the single screw, 100 gal for a twin screw.
Good luck finding more info.
Chuck
formerly
Lots A Luck
Trojan F-26 Express
Narragansett Bay, RI
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

you may have a 78 that was built in 77 ( like my f36 )
on the main page on trojanboat.net there ir a link thay explains how to read the hull number hope this helps .also that boat did come singel or twin ( do not see if it was inboard or I/O ) a boat that age very well may have been repowered (my 36 was changed to cummins diesels
300bta that were never installed by trojan )

Paul
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
gopher

Post by gopher »

You ever sort out your hull's true identity..

There is a chap here locally that has your exact boat with the twin
Volvo Sterndrives... I was quite suprised to see it. and have only ever seen one...
Mines' a Mercrusier 5.0 inboard...
Greg