Splashed today !!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

shawzy44

Splashed today !!

Post by shawzy44 »

The Rumset was launched this morning after some engine work and replaced packing. In the pics you can see the new anti-fouling, waxed to the gunwale and new 36 X12 " Trim Tabs! I am hoping to get more lift at the transom with the larger tabs. We'll see how they perform.

Here are some pics: http://gallery.me.com/kevin_d_shaw#100032
Kevin

1979 F-28 "Rumset" w/ twin Chrysler 318's
2005 Mercury Marine 310 Sport w/ 15hp
Centre Point Landing, Bobcaygeon, Ontario
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Splashed mine Friday also about 9am. Ended up being a windy, cold, and very rainy day so took it to the dock and started to get it all set up for the season. Great to be back in the water with all working well.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
Heefus
Sporadic User

Post by Heefus »

Where did you get the rear cover? I would like to do something similar on my F28 so i will not burn to a crisp this year. The girls can sun on the bow :lol:
'76 F28
Audrey II
Sporadic User

Post by Audrey II »

where have you guys been I have been in for a whole month. Granted I haven't left the dock as of yet I hope to get out soon.
1996 Trojan 440
Allen Sr
Active User

Post by Allen Sr »

Audrey II wrote:where have you guys been I have been in for a whole month. Granted I haven't left the dock as of yet I hope to get out soon.
Well I have been busier than a one legged man in a but whoopin contest trying to get mine ready!!!! To many get ready projects and NO cooperation from dear 'mother' nature. Tuesday will be two weeks mine has been in but still working on interior projects. Replaced the floor in the head, New tile in galley, in process of installing new carpet in boat, pretty much done except finishing cutting out the hatches. So thats where I have been, OH almost forgot, I do work about 60hrs a week. I know all to well where Stony Point is at and am wondering how you got yours ready and in so early. By the way where is your marina in relation to USG? Towards Haverstraw or north of the little bridge by the community beach? Was curious cause I hauled quite a few loads in and out of USG for about 25yrs. Always got in trouble for 'cruising' down past the marinas where 'I didn't belong' according to the police! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Growing old is inevitable,but growing up is optional
1984 F36 w/350 Crusaders 'Reel Class'
2011 Trojan Rendevous
Solomons Get Together 2011
Ocean City 2012,2013,2015
Audrey II
Sporadic User

Post by Audrey II »

I had several projects this year so I started early. Cover was off first week of March. I had to do a bow rail repair, recondition one prop, add two supports to the swim platform that I added last year, bottom paint needed a full coat. Of coarse I also had to buff and polish the whole boat as well. Once I was done I launched and started on other projects such as replaced one water heater and the heating element in the second water heater, installed a satellite dome and removed cleaned and reinstalled all carpet protectors.

I believe I'm done with any and all projects that I have planed for a while.
Now I can sit back and enjoy watching everyone else still hard at work.

Stony Point Bay Marina is just North of Haverstraw and USG I have been boating in the area for more then 30 years started as a kid on my parents boats in 1979 with a 33' Carver in Haverstraw marina I think there may have been one year since then that I didn't have a boat of some type.
1996 Trojan 440
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

I had several projects too that needed to get done before launch including installing the new counter top and back splash, new sink and faucet, and a new cook top. I also had the bottom painted and some fiberglass work done on the bow of the boat to repair an oopsie from last year. Still have to do the waxing from rub rail up but will do that at the dock.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Went in yesterday. Could have gone in a week earlier but our docks were still not fully deployed due to extremely high water levels hampering anchor setting, etc. Moved the boat over to the slip in a deluge, but the good news there was no wind....a real treat for once, since my usual procedure this time of year is to ram the boat into the slip going diagonal into the wind since its always blowing towards the boat and away from the slip just about every year. Always a fun time with the single screw, no lines on the deck set and usually nobody around since I always do this stuff solo in the middle of the week (duh....) At least my neighbor on the other side of the slip wasn't in yet. That just adds to the fun.....Let the season begin!
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"