F-32 in Annapolis, MD area

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Notniuq21

F-32 in Annapolis, MD area

Post by Notniuq21 »

Hello Trojan boat owners!!
Pleased to meet your acquaintance!
I'm wondering if there are some Trojan owners in the Maryland area who may be able to help me. Currently, I've tracked down a Trojan that I think I would like to pursue , and possibly get serious about buying. She sits at Liberty Marina in Edgewater, MD. The broker is Hawk's Yachts Brokerage. They have a beautiful 1990 F-32 for 19K! I just wanna do some basic "homework" first and try to get some info., before I start setting up a survey and everything. I would be ever so grateful if someone would be able to shine a little light on it. You have to admit....the F-32's are the MOST awesome yachts in the world!!
Thanks again, Gang!!
Ed
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Welcome to the forum.

There are several on here from that general area who will probably be able to help you.

You are correct that the F-32 is an awesome boat. Larry Warner, a design engineer & one of the many who made Trojan what it was back in the day, said the F-32 was "probably our best boat." Many would agree with that assessment.

Good luck with your search.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

here is a link to the boat in question. i loved my f-32 when i had her. great ride, good accomodations. nothing can pay more dividends though than a good survey and sea trial. those of you that look at the boat via the link, pay attention to pics 21/22/23/24. i see some potential problems with the risers as they show signs of leaking seals. am i wrong in this assumption? either way, if the seals do need to be fixed, i suggest a 'survey offset' when you make a bid. the amount of rust looks substantial and i feel, but it's just my opinion, that they need to be replaced.
tri cabin aaron, middle river md.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... &ywo=hawk&
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

If its leaking , its just a riser gaskit not a big deal .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Any update ?
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Notniuq21

Post by Notniuq21 »

Hey Gang....
Just a quick update on the 1990 Trojan F-32. I went to go see it, it's actually in someones back property on some "river" somewhere near Annapolis . (I'm not allowed to say where). Anyway....the name of the boat is "SOMEONE SPECIAL". It's not in bad shape, just a little neglected. It needs some major work on the port engine though. I felt some soft spots while walking on the bridge. Judging from the pics with the snow sitting on it, I can see why. I don't think I'm going to pursue it, even with the incredible price tag.....I just have a bad "gut" feeling about it.
Thanks for all your insight and advice, I really do appreciate it.
Ed
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

There are others out there at a better price .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels