F32 Stability

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Nancy
Moderate User

Post by Nancy »

JimK,

[I hope this post doesn't violate forum guidelines. If so, please let me know.]

I'm a bit of a hike from Pittsburgh (if I'm remembering correctly) - we're on Lake Champlain. We have a 1978 F32 for sale that doesn't have any of the problems you describe.

You can email me at trojanf32 (at) gmail (dot) com if you have any interest.
JimK

Post by JimK »

You are correct, I am in Pittsburgh. I am looking at freshwater boats only. The boat that I am looking at is on Lake Erie and is priced at 12K. I have been told by the owner that the engines have just been rebuilt and have 30 hours. They look very clean, fresh paint, new hoses, etc. I did not hear them run. I have pictures to post but so far cannot figure out how.

Regarding the thermal imaging, the surveyor indicated that this is used to examine the structural integrity of the boat. That puzzled me as I understand thermal imaging to depict temperature differences. In case anyone is curious, here is a link he provided for the equipment used. http://www.flir.com/thermography/americ ... /?id=24856.

Ready123, thank you for the suggestion on how to post pictures but have failed at successfully posting anything. I even went as far as to type the html to match what was displayed in the "Quote Reply". I'm clearly missing something. I am trying to use a Google Picasa account. If there is more detailed info on how to post pictures I would be most appreciative if someone could point me in that direction.

Thanks,
Jim
Nancy
Moderate User

Post by Nancy »

Jim,

I've sent you a private message on this forum.

(I lived in Pgh during high school....long time ago.)

Nancy
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

JimK

Have you seen this one, not far away?
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... &imc=pg-fs

Right click your photo in picassa online and select copy image url then paste that into your message compose window after you click the Img button above, ctrlV will paste it from clipboard and then you click the img* button after it.... you want the string to end with .jpg to display within the message.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cSo1 ... 1599-1.JPG
using above as example it does not display as the tags from button are missing, so if I add them now:

Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
JimK

Post by JimK »

Testing image upload:

JimK

Post by JimK »

Testing image...take 2

JimK

Post by JimK »

take 3...

Nancy
Moderate User

Post by Nancy »

Jim,

I don't know if a photo on Picasa can be embedded in a forum message. But you can create a clickable link by enclosing the address in url tags instead of img tags:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1168935920 ... 9355456642

To do this, when in the Reply screen, click the URL button just above where you're typing. Move the cursor so that it's immediately after [url]. Paste the whole long address of the photo, e.g. https://picasaweb.google.com/1168935920 ... 9355456642. Then click the URL button again. It will appear at the end of the photo address.

Select Preview below where you're typing to see if it worked. Then select Submit.

Hope this helps!
JimK

Post by JimK »

Nancy,

Thanks for the tips.

If anyone is interested in seeing the pics I was trying to post, please click on the first link in Nancy's message above.

In the meantime, I'll keep working on perfecting my skills at posting pictures. I noticed that someone on the forum posted a message that links to YouTube videos on posting pictures to the forum.

This is a terrific forum!

Jim
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

This is by following my steps earlier click img button then paste the right click copy image url of your photo then click img button again.
Not sure what you or Nancy were doing to not get the photo in the message.
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
Nancy
Moderate User

Post by Nancy »

I didn't even try embedding the photo.
JimK

Post by JimK »

I looked at an F32 that has a support rod that goes between the bulkhead in the salon and the shelf to the left of the lower helm. I looked through a number of ads on Yachtworld to see if I could find other examples and there are a few that I saw that also have this support rod. They look to me like they were added by the owner. Does anyone know if this is indicative of a structural problem with the roof or the flybridge?

Thanks,
Jim
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

JimK wrote:I looked at an F32 that has a support rod that goes between the bulkhead in the salon and the shelf to the left of the lower helm. I looked through a number of ads on Yachtworld to see if I could find other examples and there are a few that I saw that also have this support rod. They look to me like they were added by the owner. Does anyone know if this is indicative of a structural problem with the roof or the flybridge?

Thanks,
Jim
Sometimes people do this to provide a wiring conduit to/from the bridge, instead of fishing the wiring down through the salon window channel. Straighter, shorter run.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

LOL , In many cases its not a support rod its a steering shaft from the upper helm , some F32s had them , others with hydraulic steering did not .
here is one with the steering rod
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... id=2373788

in other cases Capt M. may be correct
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

link didn't work... :cry:
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's