Sub Zero Model 801 freezer/fridge

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

m204867

Sub Zero Model 801 freezer/fridge

Post by m204867 »

Hello. The Admiral and I are considering very seriously a Trojan 12 Meter International. Beautiful boat. Fits all our needs, wants, and much more. A concern we have is the Sub Zero Model 801. The one in the boat is a 1989 model and still running strong, but....... What have your experiences been with this unit and can we expect more years of trouble free use? Can any refridgeration place repair it? I know parts are scarce if any at all. Your comments are encouraged and appreciated. Thanks.
Jim
Seahawk93

Post by Seahawk93 »

Welcome. I wouldn't let a fridge influence the decision as much as the history or condition of the rest of her. My experience is mixed with refrigeration. If it stops working, service depends on the bad part. I would expect most cases in that age range would expect to need a new unit if it fails. That's my commentary but maybe others have had better luck.
-------------
1986 10M - 454 Crusaders
"Adventure"
Seahawk93

Post by Seahawk93 »

Welcome. I wouldn't let a fridge influence the decision as much as the history or condition of the rest of her. My experience is mixed with refrigeration. If it stops working, service depends on the bad part. I would expect most cases in that age range would expect to need a new unit if it fails. That's my commentary but maybe others have had better luck.
-------------
1986 10M - 454 Crusaders
"Adventure"
m204867

Post by m204867 »

Thanks for the reassurance. The Admiral just loves the boat, I love the diesels. If/When we get the boat, we'll deal with the fridge when the time comes. But, I am still learning and appreciate all comments.
Jim
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

what style is she? express, fly bridge or aft cabin? either way, they are amazing boats, and you cannot beat the delta conic hull for a stable and dry ride.
where are you located?

tri cabin aaron, baltimore, md
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

What Diesels are in it ? hours ?

I would recc you join boatdiesel . com
Boating is good for the soul