reChrome Lettering on Transom

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

reChrome Lettering on Transom

Post by captainmaniac »

I am looking for a place that could rechrome the TROJAN lettering on my '79 F32. Existing finish is pitted and some has peeled/scraped off.

I saw the listing for the stainless set for sale elsewhere on the trojanboats.net site, but I think my letters are plastic underneath the chrome (way too light to be anything else...), and have been unable to locate places that can chrome plastic parts reliably. I see some web sites that can chrome plastic for model builders, but don't trust that finish will hold up too well outdoors...

Any leads ?
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

I grabbed some off an older abanded model. They are plastic with chrome on top...I just went and sanded, primed and painted them. My boat never came with that lettering, I just keep them for nostalgic reasons.

I've seen them painted black and they look good on some boats.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
chumwithabottleofrum
Sporadic User

Post by chumwithabottleofrum »

you can actually buy "chrome" spray paint at an auto parts store-might be worth a shot.
mr elevman
Moderate User

Post by mr elevman »

its a long shot but you might want to try theas guys http://www.cycleimage.com/
raymond workman

Post by raymond workman »

I am looking for the trojan letters that was on the transom does anybody have any ideals.
75 trojan 30 ft 302 express fb
raymond workman

Post by raymond workman »

:shock: Thx for the info it had been a while sence I had looked at the other sights with this web sight. I had bought from beacon marine before back then it was communications problems and prices were never up to date with in reason maybe buy now things have changed I feel we all should suport beacon marine if at all possible for they have made this forum possible for all of us to use thx ray :)
75 trojan 30 ft 302 express fb