beleave I just bought a 1974 trojan f-25

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jefflaw35

beleave I just bought a 1974 trojan f-25

Post by jefflaw35 »

measures 25 ft at water line, 27 ft end to end. deff chrysler 318 but it has an electronic power box on top rear of motor. bad fire has made it hard to read labels. I have read that chrysler didnt start electronic fuel efficentcy till 1978. motor was swaped or upgraded? sure ways to find out f-25 or f-26?? I need to replace the motor and tranny, but rain water rust has made it hard to see #s until i get the motor pulled out. any advise??? thanks in advance.... :shock:
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Welcome aboard and please post some pics.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

electronic fuel efficentcy ?? If you mean electronic ignition they stated it in 73/74

Welcome to the forum
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

Welcome and pictures would deffiantely help with any and all advice as people can see what you are talking about
classicf25

Post by classicf25 »

Welcome aboard. You should be able to check model by numbers on the transom. Good luck.
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

thanks alot, i will upload some pics tonight, she is in rough shape, locked motor, severl elecrical melt downs etc. but the haul looks to be in perfect shape. time to start gutting her out this weekend..
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Got a Hull ID number ? that will help ID it
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

gonna look for the transom id # this evening after work. I found some #s behind drivers side wall skirt but didnt write them down. ill post some pics tonight. would like to find out exactly what i have boat and motor before i start assuming what parts need to be ordered
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

welcome , hopefully you got a smokin deal, fire? yikes, how bad?
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

i have 3 sets of completly melted wire bunches, ull see them by days end. boat has fishing hard top with cobia tower, that i have already been offered 4000$ for, but im keeping it. I paid 400$ for everything, i found new charge system and 3 new marine batteries plus about 200$ worth of cleaning supplies, lol. my friend owns a small marina and boat moving company so he picked up the boat and ttransported to my house and blocked it up while i painted and hung 2 doors for his work truck. i think i made out ok so far
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Your in my area ( hampton roads ) Did the boat come from a local marina ?
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

yes it has been on criags list for 1500$. i took it from MSFY ??? marina around the corner from Sunset. It will be restored at my home in towncenter va beach then sent to Lynnhaven marina , my other little boat is in the boatel, not sure i can afford to boatel this one, we will see. I have haul # TRJ043 8901 74-251.....looks like and 74 f-25 to me. about to try and post pics now. doesnt look easy
BeaconMarineBob
Beacon Bob
Beacon Bob

Post by BeaconMarineBob »

If you call us 609 713 4602 with the Hull number, three numbers followed by four numbers found on a aluminum plate about the size of a credit card. This plate will be by the AC DC panel or inside a door. Or find the TRJ number on the stern starboard side stamped into fiberglass. From one or the other of these numbers we or most of the members on the forum can tell you what Trojan you have.

On the aluminum tag is the engine serial number if motor was changed the numbers will not match. From what you wrote sounds like engine is original.

We have the owners manual, electrical drawing, 318 service manual, 318 long blocks, bobtail 350 (nice replacement for the 318), used and new trans., any 318 part and just about any part you could need for your Trojan.

The F-25 was LOA 25'5' Beam 10'1 1/2' and the F-26 LOA 26' 4" Beam 10' 1 1/2' It will be hard to tell if it is a F-25 or F-26 from a picture because they both look very much the same.
Bob Cushman, Owner
Beacon Marine Supply
Bob@BeaconMarineSupply.com
(609)713-4602
~ Please Contribute to the Forum ~
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

thanks bob, but i posted the #s right before you. not sure if you read them. i am very frustrated, this is not a picture friendly site, i can not find a way to get my pics for avatar under 27 size. cant figure out the picture setup period, im giving up for the day. thanks guys, nice to see peopl with big moneyboats willing to help, but please read what i have already written, nothing worse than people that dont read forums and just speak. sorry im just frustrated, sites like this should be picture friendly, every other site these days is...
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

xxxx
Last edited by jefflaw35 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.