Input needed

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

summer storm wrote:
MadBen wrote:The F-26 has been around since 1971. At that time, they also made a true 25 called the Sea Raider. It was f/glass but wood superstructure. The original incarnation of the F-26 had a different style cabin and a V-Drive. Then, I believe in 1973 came the F-25/26 which I think are identical and had direct drives. The differences are just marketing...I think ...the F-27 is also the same boat. In the late 80's when Trojan was marketing the "Classic" series, they just tagged it the F-27. I'm pretty sure I have this right but I'm sure someone will chime in if I am off on this. :D
Thanks for the info, it really helps confirm what I have been finding. One thing though is I think the F-25 and F-26 are different boats. the factory specs show the F-25 as 25'5" and the F-26 as 26'4" LOA. I also think you are right about the F-27 being a marketing thing for the classic series.
Thanks, I just read in this very thread that they stretched the original a foot.
Muskokan345

Post by Muskokan345 »

I'm not saying they streched it at all, I'm just sayin' there is such a thing as an F27 or a 270, Marketing for sure, 'cause it is identical to the F26 hull wise, interior finishes are different, a little more modern.
1986 F26
MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

Muskokan345 wrote:I'm not saying they streched it at all, I'm just sayin' there is such a thing as an F27 or a 270, Marketing for sure, 'cause it is identical to the F26 hull wise, interior finishes are different, a little more modern.
I meant that the 25 was stretched to a 26 in 1975. I know about the F-27's...seen a few of them.
MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

There was also a "new" F-25 that came out in 1978 and ran until 1981 I believe. It closely resembled the F-30 w/o a flybridge. It even had the molded front seat instead of the front cabin windows.
Muskokan345

Post by Muskokan345 »

I thought the F25 had a straight gunwhale (sp) from aft forward, whereas the F26 had a "hook", more like a traditional sportfisherman model. no?
1986 F26
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

Muskokan345 wrote:I thought the F25 had a straight gunwhale (sp) from aft forward, whereas the F26 had a "hook", more like a traditional sportfisherman model. no?
thats how I read to tell the difference
MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

Muskokan345 wrote:I thought the F25 had a straight gunwhale (sp) from aft forward, whereas the F26 had a "hook", more like a traditional sportfisherman model. no?
The original F-25 (from what I'm gathering) had the "hook" you are speaking of. It is my understanding that Trojan stretched that hull a foot in 1975 to make it a length of 26.4. At any rate, it looks identical to the F-26. Then in 1978 they introduced an F-25 that had a profile identical to the F-30...in other words, a flush gunnel. Even though there was only a foot or so difference in length, the newer F-25 was a much smaller boat.
Since we are going back to the roots of the F-series...does anyone recall the F-24? It was a cuddy with an I/O
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

What about that other 25 variant, the Marlin? I want one.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

Commissionpoint wrote:What about that other 25 variant, the Marlin? I want one.
My GOD, Me too!!! That was built on the early 1970's Searaider hull. What a sweet boat that was. There are still a few 25 Searaider cabin cruisers that the cabins have rotted off of laying around. Wouldn't be too difficult to build your own Marlin