electronics

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rbcool
Active User

Post by rbcool »

Stripermann2 wrote:Jeff, just be sure that hen can lay eggs, before you plan on scrambling some for breakfast...
:lol: :lol:

Also...I do plan on installing dual fuel flow since it will hook directly up to my big Garmin. Good way to find best cruise and if something is going wrong with either engine, weird fuel flow is a good indicator.

Ron 8)
When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
Ronald Reagan
1987 F36 Tri-Cabin
Twin 270 Crusaders
"Special K"
Upper Bay, Chesapeake Bay

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/ff424/rbcool/
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by Moderator »

RB you can put a radar arch on , I have seen a tri with one and it looks awsome . :D ( Its easy to spend someone elses money )

Helping keep Trojan Yachts alive .
Forum Moderator
TrojanBoats.Net
Trojan Boater
rbcool
Active User

Post by rbcool »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Your right!!

In my long term plan, that whole situation will cost me around 10k

Ron 8)
Ronald Reagan
1987 F36 Tri-Cabin
Twin 270 Crusaders
"Special K"

jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

our 3 daughters are all almost grown and live away from us in other states, its just the wife and I, we fish togather several times a week. we both agree after this that it will be our boat for many many years. perfect size for 2 and lots of fishing and putting around. putting a little dumb $ in a few places to benifit us is no big deal. im not to fond of the flybridges or boats over 30 ft unless im going to live there, I am saving alot of money being able to paint and do work myself. got a great deal on a motor etc. Already have a good bit of things that are needed. somethings are just going to cost $ no matter the sixe of the boat IMO. Fuel flow is a must i beleave now, I like the idea of the rudder angle to. Radar well maybe. thats a good chunk of change, maybe an xmas gift one day. I guess my reasoning for most of these ???s is the fact that the intire boat is being gutted and I want to have all the wiring complete, even if that means extra for add ons later down the road. Just trying to get a good idea of what and where. This will be our smart boat, things like fabricating a newer looking helm is relativly inexpensive at this point, other than wire, switches, gauges. so making it look nice is a must. In all honesty i know footitis is real. but I really dont see myself ever letting this boat go. between the full house remodle, boat and work, i will be looking to settle down soon.
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

as for wire Jeff run you a NEMA-2000 wire to the engine room/space and one in to the living space..everything can be ran off those two backbone wires..radar is a later thing, watch site like Tiger direct for them when Garmin comes out with newer stuff the older models will end up there, I got my HDS 10 (USA) off E-bay for around $1800.00 and the radar for $1400.00 from West Marine of all places, but Lowrance had new stuff coming out and they wanted to clear stock..

And you'll get 2' or in case 8' footis in about two yrs.... :D when you do I've a nice 36' boot for ya.. ..
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

BobCT wrote:I really like having a rudder indicator. I got the mechanical kind from Faria, I think it was about $100ish. Works great and pretty simple installation.

Bob
Bob, have a model or part # ?
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

thanks tony and im sure your right, but i just have to fight it like i do the rest of my addictive personallity LOL. i looded up your HDS10 last night and it said 1400$ and 1200$ but had a package deal for 2100$ i must have read it wrong
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

both hds 10 and radar for 2100...naw...you can get the hds 10 and a fish finder for that..
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

rbcool
Active User

Post by rbcool »

Garmin and Westmarine has a good combo deal on the one that i have... 740S

Ron 8)
Ronald Reagan
1987 F36 Tri-Cabin
Twin 270 Crusaders
"Special K"

jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

rbcool wrote:Garmin and Westmarine has a good combo deal on the one that i have... 740S

Ron 8)
I know, and i wish that knew this boat was about to be in my future, it on the fly after my buddy told me I needed to step up my game. My bayliner is just to small for big gadgets And the 7 wasn't that big, but was for my dashboard
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

alexander38 wrote: And you'll get 2' or in case 8' footis in about two yrs.... :D when you do I've a nice 36' boot for ya.. ..
I'd say 2 years is about right. Then the 25 will be all up and running for awhile, and the itch will come. He says he doesn't like F/B's now, but I bet he didn't like F-25's until he got one either. Next stop F-28 or a Clean Machine I predict. Tri-Fly by 2018, right around the time he opens Jeff's Marine Restoration & Painting LLC. ;)
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

Well I see how the footitis gets started :shock: Don't give into the cub scouts lol :P