OK Who's In The 640M Lottery & How Ya Gonna Spend It?

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

k9th
Ultimate User

OK Who's In The 640M Lottery & How Ya Gonna Spend It?

Post by k9th »

Already bought my 40 chances and if I win the first thing I do is spread the wealth around to all my hard-working family and friends. Retirement is next and I am sure a 53' Hatteras is in there somewhere. After that, sponsoring scholarships for those who have no other way to get to college and helping deserving schools. My one caveat is that it has to be anonymous - don't want anyone knowing its me. That may take some doing and covert operations.

You never know who's gonna win.

Oops - Sorry jeff....didn't see your thread till after I posted this one.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Re: OK Who's In The 640M Lottery & How Ya Gonna Spend It

Post by Stripermann2 »

k9th wrote:Already bought my 40 chances and if I win the first thing I do is spread the wealth around to all my hard-working family and friends. Retirement is next and I am sure a 53' Hatteras is in there somewhere. After that, sponsoring scholarships for those who have no other way to get to college and helping deserving schools. My one caveat is that it has to be anonymous - don't want anyone knowing its me. That may take some doing and covert operations.

Well, I would certainly take care of my family and friends first. :) Then who knows, maybe buy an island somewhere and live out the rest of my life enjoying everything but politics! Of course I'd have to have a few new boats too. :wink:

So, I'm not the only one who's purchase of multiple tickets, by someone else's assumption, is a waste of money! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As this professor says...

"Mike Catalano, chairman of the mathematics department at Dakota Wesleyan University in Mitchell, S.D., concedes the math is clear: The more tickets you buy, the better chances you have of winning."
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

As the math shows (quoting a news story on Mega Millions lottery):

"By the numbers, you have a 1 in 175,711,536 chance of picking the winning numbers..... "

So with 40 tickets, its more like 1 in 4,375,000.

BUT : Odds of being struck by lightning, from the National Lightning Safety Institute (http://www.lightningsafety.com/nlsi_pls ... ility.html)

"Odds = 1 : 280,000 of being struck by lightning"

So... you might win, but you will have to be hit by lightning 15 times to make up for it.
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

The way I always looked at it ws my odds were 50:50 - you either win or you don't.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

k9th wrote:Already bought my 40 chances and if I win the first thing I do is spread the wealth around to all my hard-working family and friends. Retirement is next and I am sure a 53' Hatteras is in there somewhere. After that, sponsoring scholarships for those who have no other way to get to college and helping deserving schools. My one caveat is that it has to be anonymous - don't want anyone knowing its me. That may take some doing and covert operations.

Its ok I dont mind. I put 20$ in and it looks like i won 23$ had the mega ball# 3 darm times, looks like I won 10$ twice and 3$. It wont do very far on boat parts though.
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

jefflaw35 wrote: Its ok I dont mind. I put 20$ in and it looks like i won 23$ had the mega ball# 3 darm times, looks like I won 10$ twice and 3$. It wont do very far on boat parts though.
That's still a pretty good return on your investment.
15% is a good return :) Better than the banks!
Remember, the cup is always half full, not half empty :)
As long as you come out ahead, your a winner.
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

Torcan wrote:
jefflaw35 wrote: Its ok I dont mind. I put 20$ in and it looks like i won 23$ had the mega ball# 3 darm times, looks like I won 10$ twice and 3$. It wont do very far on boat parts though.
That's still a pretty good return on your investment.
15% is a good return :) Better than the banks!
Remember, the cup is always half full, not half empty :)
As long as you come out ahead, your a winner.
I thought so too. I bought an Amp drink and a snickers bar, feeling pretty good this morning. Time to pull the old motor out! 8)
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Well , I don't buy many tickets ,but last night I bought 10 . and even though the odds were against me . I beet the odds :D :D :D :D , Not one number matched . Thats hard to do .

OFF TO THE NEW BOAT :D NOT!!!!!!
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

One of the winning tickets was sold in Maryland. Perhaps Aaron or one of you other guys in Maryland bought it. Guess there were three winning tickets - one in Kansas & one in Illinois also.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I hope it was someone here .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

had to call my daughter in illinois to confirm that her mother didnt win, almost thought I was gonna get out of child support early there for a minute :cry:
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

jefflaw35 wrote:had to call my daughter in illinois to confirm that her mother didnt win, almost thought I was gonna get out of child support early there for a minute :cry:
I don't know that the courts would see it that way. In fact, she'd be able to get the best lawyers then :shock:
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

LOL I KNOW :cry: It was a joke against myself!!! :cry: But I still had to make sure :D Beotch already gets plenty :shock: :oops:
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

EX wives club has a few sayings "MORE MORE MORE " . and "YOU CAN GET BLOOD OUT OF A TURNIP JUST WATCH ME " .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

prowlersfish wrote:EX wives club has a few sayings "MORE MORE MORE " . and "YOU CAN GET BLOOD OUT OF A TURNIP JUST WATCH ME " .
:cry: :lol: