10 meter fuse panels

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

wisher115

10 meter fuse panels

Post by wisher115 »

Hi I'm a new owner of a 1985 10 meter with a couple of questions. Are there more fuse panels than the one located to the right of the internal steering helm? I'm trying to locate where the windlass cables go to? I'm sure there is a fuse or breaker inline somewhere.

Also i have a switch outside to the right of the sliding door, that i'm trying to figure out what it's for. I think it's for the lights on the aft deck, but they don't turn on. Am i right?

Thanks
S.A.M.
Moderate User

Post by S.A.M. »

Welcome and congratulations on your new boat.

To answer your questions we'll need to know which 10M model you have.
Sherman
'90 10m Midcabin
wisher115

Post by wisher115 »

A 10 meter international with the fly bridge.
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

there are significant differences between the MID CABIN and the EXPRESS CRUISER.

The electrical main panel on the mid cabin opens into the salon, on the express cruiser it opens below the helm.

On the EXPRESS CRUISER there is a bank of three toggle switches just to the starboard side of the sliding door. Those are for the engine room light, the aft cockpit lights and the fwd cockpit light.

The windlass may have been included from Lancaster or added prior to delivery by the selling dealer in which case you will have to trace down the wiring to locate the windlass cables.

You have a well designed, well engineered and well built vessel. Good luck with your new boat and welcome aboard to the best Trojan forum anywhere in the known universe...

This orphan brand has more support than any other.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
fourreins
Moderate User

Post by fourreins »

on my 1989 10.8 International Flybridge the switch to the right of the sliding glass door controls the overhead light. The switch on the left side controls the courtesy deck lights.