The Great Loop

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Mike Kulp
Moderate User

Post by Mike Kulp »

We had a older couple in our marina that I never seen leave the dock in 4 years, then they start telling me they are going to cruise the great lop in there 40' Silverton bridge boat that was not well maintained. i thought they were joking but one day four years ago the boat finally left the slip and was gone for a year, I do not know how far they got but I heard it was a disaster boat problems ( Go figure ) they put there boat in the slip three years ago and I never saw his wife again I seen him two weeks ago for the first time but did not get to talk to him. I would love to do the trip also but I think preparation is everything on a trip of this size.
Mike 1986 10 Meter mid cabin
S.A.M.
Moderate User

Post by S.A.M. »

Some loppers travel so far and then leave their boats and come home for a month or so and then go back. I'm leaning towards that, so i don't get burned out with the trip and the Admiral. She is in agreement with that.

We have to 2 little dogs, one is 14 y/o the other 10 y/o. Another reason we're waiting. Love them like children, but it takes a special dog and owners to spend that much time on a boat.

Keep a look out in the For Sale area in the next couple of weeks for a great 10 meter.
Sherman
'90 10m Midcabin